PDA

View Full Version : SR gear for BT

Foolishness
08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Is it neccessary to use the epic hearts of darkness crafted shadow resist gear for BT?

Is there any crafted blues that will suffice?

We have been hoarding HoD's to make into SR gear but denying HoD's to people who want to make other crafted gear so we can accumulate enough. Is this reasonable?

Also interested in knowing how other guilds gone about distrubuting Epic SR gear to raid members?

Celandro
08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
We are planning our our first Mother attempt for this Sunday assuming we get RoS down (30% in P2 after 1 hour worth of learning). I had the guild bank pay for everything. Guild bank also paid repairs on wipe nights and passes out free epic gems for all Hyjal/BT gear that drops.

General timeline
Intial guild bank funds came from selling nether vortexes from T5 content
Did some kills in T6 and sold a couple partially cleared Hyjals for 4 HoDs
Traded epic gems to guild members for primal shadows + primal lifes, bought more out of the AH for a week.
Sold various patterns in the AH.
Made every one with a mana bar a cloak, bracer and boots to get through 4/5 hyjal 4/9 BT
Cleared and began farming Hyjal, worked on BT.
This week making everyone the full set of resist gear
Using this spreadsheet I made:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pVVOEd1ndWDr5bOW_RVBtZQ&hl=en
You just fill in the players on sheet 2, columns A through F and it updates sheet 1 with how many of what you need to buy and the approximate gold cost on Cenarius.

Satrina
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
For us, officers always collect hearts. Once we had enough to make everyone bracers and a cloak, we made everyone bracers and a cloak (they bring everything but the hearts). Then belts, then boots. Once everyone had those three items, we put hearts "by request" for legs and crafted gear. Now when we recruit someone, we have them go get all the other materials and then make them boots/bracer/belt/legs/cloak.

Foolishness
08-15-2008, 07:13 AM
how many hearts do you think it is worth selling an archimonde kill? we clear 4/5 hyjal every wednessday (not learning archi atm) before reset so it would give people 5 or 6 days to get the last dude

clavarnway
08-15-2008, 09:45 AM
My advice is to hoard hearts, craft nothing, tell everybody to have their mats for the items AND the enchants with them, and when you're about to pull Mother, make everything for the people who are in your raid at that time their SR gear and enchant it, then kill her.

This is assuming of course that you don't have enough Hearts for everybody in your guild. The other people that weren't there for the kill will have their SR gear by the time next week rolls around most likely, or they will just not do Mother until they do.

This way, you kill her even when you can't get your entire raid force in SR. You only need the people who are actually going to be there on the first kill.

edit: As for your question about selling Arch. Take the time it takes to kill the 4 bosses in Hyjal, figure out on average how many Hearts a guild in BT will get in that amount of time, then use that as a guide. If it feels too low, double it. See if they'll grab.

Remember, even if you only get 2 Hearts, that's 2 Hearts more than you had, and you lost nothing.

bosephus
08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
There are fights that are gear checks and there are fights that test raid coordination, but I think Mother is the only fight that tests your guild's logistics. Save all the HoDs. Even when you get past the 145 or so that it takes for the cloak, belt, bracers and boots for 25 people, you'll always have a need for more hearts for new people in the future.

loquatious
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I would definitely craft Cloak and bracers for the healers and mana users. They can be used to resist the 2 shadow bosses in Mount Hyjal.

Celandro
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
On our server, we got 4 HoDs for partially clear Hyjals for a few weeks (till we started learning archi). They also might be interested in buying your BT if you dont raid on Mondays. Talk to all the SW guilds, you shouldnt have a problem finding one interested in buying one or the other.

Buttah
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
We sold our first couple archimonde raid ids to a further progressed guild for 4 hearts and one member of our raid went with them. This was nice because that person got a couple pieces of Archimonde loot before we even attempted him.

If they don't want a member of your raid to go with them I would charge 5 hearts for a hyjal with only archimonde left.

Valley
08-18-2008, 08:19 PM
The other crafted gear is no where as important as the resist gear. You will NEVER kill mother without the resist gear. To intentionally deny/slow your progress is silly

Sangi
08-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Using this spreadsheet I made:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pVVOEd1ndWDr5bOW_RVBtZQ&hl=en

I don't feel so geeky now as that is an almost similar setup to how I track our progress on our SR gear. I would suggest though that you publish it rather than keep it open to be edited by the public.

dotOrion
08-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Our guild had a "BT War Effort".

We created a shopping list, consisting of 27 sets (bracers, belt, boots with SR kit, cloak with SR enchant) (full raid minus MT + 3 backups). When we do decide we're giving Mother a try, the people that make it to the line-up get a set.

We calculated the needed materials for that, and then people could contribute (mostly primals). Other than that every heart dropping in MH or BT was looted by the ML and stored away.

We are now very close to our goal (only need about 30 hearts or so).
We have to start doing BT more again though, as we haven't downed RoS yet :x

Minya
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Is it neccessary to use the epic hearts of darkness crafted shadow resist gear for BT?

Is there any crafted blues that will suffice?

We have been hoarding HoD's to make into SR gear but denying HoD's to people who want to make other crafted gear so we can accumulate enough. Is this reasonable?

Also interested in knowing how other guilds gone about distrubuting Epic SR gear to raid members?
hm.. neccessary? no. you CAN do it with some greens on, as we did, too.
the easier way is to craft your raidmembers 3items per player and then stack up step by step to make sure everyone comes close to the "cap".

we didn't had enough hearts, too so we had to use some greens and it worked out. we felt like back in the days fighting huhuran in AQ :eek:
another thing you can do is: use enchants and old items. a lot of our raidmembers used their old T4 or T5 helmet, enchanted it with SR, gemmed it with SR, etc. with that you lose very little stats AND gaining good SR.