PDA

View Full Version : SSC Ready

Abyssul
08-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I would like to ask the excellent people at TankSpot if you guys could review my gear, enchants, and gems to help fully optimize my role as a tank. I am currently working on replacing the shield with the S2 one.

Also.... am I geared enough for The Lurker Below? My guild is progressing through him soon and I am the dedicated MT.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Abyssul)

Kyvaan
08-13-2008, 06:29 AM
well first of all i would say that your gear looks pretty good and u definately have the gear for lurker hes a joke. but heres just a few tips to help improve your gear start of by swapping out your current meta for the new block value one, grind/buy your aldor/scryers rep for the better shoulder enchant, instead of 15def put 150HP to your chest it already has 51 def on it, also ive always liked 12 stam on my bracers, instead of 10 stam go with 2% threat on gloves u can never have too much threat :D more threat=more PEW PEW :) pls pls pls save badges for the new badge leggings and belt (in that order). work your butt off to get this next to free T6/T5 lvl gear. your trinkets are fine you need a lil bit of work on the rings especially that blue one ;P as for the shield thing i dont really like the whole using pvp shields but thats just personal preference. also see if u are able to get into a VR run with some pugs/guild/friends whichever comes first and see if u can get yourself some T5 shoulders. or u could do mualgar for T4 ( it took me forever to get my shoulders :( so i know how it feels). anyways goodluck gearing up and remember "SPOUT!!!!!!!!!!! get in the water!!!!!!!!" :D

Abyssul
08-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I will have to disagree with most of it. Beforehand I did indeed have the 10% block gem, but switched it to gain more EH. My threat is fine in raids so the 10 stamina is worth more. I have the moroes trinket, Gnomer Autoblocker 4000, and the almighty Commendation. Sadly I do Kara every week and can NOT get the ring from shade. Most likely for the shoulder I will just do VR seeing how I can tank him.

I do enjoy the opinion on the badge gear and I agree with it.

I tanked Lurker and he does hit hard (4k-6k), but we could only get him to 75% multiple times due to tank survivability. In one of the fights I actually got critted, but only because I hit x (sit = auto crit).

thedrawrf
08-16-2008, 05:26 PM
erm, well, get in yer prot gear please if we are gonna rate your stuff :)