PDA

View Full Version : Entropius

Worldie
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
There's plenty of informations around regarding Void Sentinels, Void Spawns and Shadowsword Berserkers + Fury Mages, however i couldn't find anywhere informations regarding the big guy.

My main questions?
Melee strenght? (on full t6 tank)
Crushes?
Sunwell radiance?
Requires any specific skill? (i.e. spell reflection)

Wtb informations, possibly from someone who tanked him, the only thing i could find about this guy is that "he hits hard and with a steady rhytm", without a definition of what that means :(

Mambak
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't think Sunwell radiance is active after the Eredar twins, but i could be wrong.

Bishoptwo
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Using our WWS from last muru kill for reference

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/q4qkji6osnm1g?s=406060-448902&a=xf1300064f0001641)

Check out the WWS for yourself but, short summary:

I (Romoreas) tank Sentinels and am the debuff slave in p2. Amoro was tanking adds in southern doorway in p1, tanking entropius p2...average was around 8k, max recorded hit was around 11k (probably before i was able to debuff). He does not crush. Sunwell Radiance does not apply on entropius or his adds. I'm not sure of Amoro's gearing for this encounter, he obviously has a good amount of avoidance looking at the WWS report but i know he focuses on threat as much as possible.

In terms of what tank should tank entropius, IMO as long as your gear isnt horrible, put the tank that has the best situational awareness while generating optimal threat (although I believe Shield Wall may have been responsible for our first or 2nd kill, once you reach around 90 seconds raid wide damage is intense and being able to pop shield wall and allow your healers to keep up your top dps players is a very good thing.) We keep him mainly in the middle, we do not kite him. But the tank does have to move around alot in that inner circle area. Orbs in melee hurt, alot. It hurts healers, it hurts melee dps, it's just not fun in general. I try to call out orbs if they spawn on the outer perimeter and he usually shifts to the outside of the inner circle farthest away from where the orb spawned. But whoever tanks entropius if you are not kiting him they have to be on the look out for orbs that spawn right on the melee and black hole spawns that are right on melee and move immediately.

Worldie
08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Great infos, thanks.

I got all tank drops available up to Felmyst (including t6 boots and gloves, but not the shield which has been removed from the drop table apparently). I'm planning to tank the side + Entropius himself so i was thinking of a avoidance heavy gear (70%+ avoidance raidbuffed) while keeping decent amount of threat and possibly a threat trinket + avoidance trinket.

Are Ironshields needed for Entropius? Obviously they are great for sides, but i wonder if i could use a Destru pot for him instead.

Xav
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Ironshields are absolutely needed for Entropius, or you're just being an excessive burden.
He hits for about 9-10k before any debuffs, and can hit for over 10k if he has recklessness on and nothing else to dampen them.

Fully debuffed with ironshields+buffs on yourself, he can hit in the 6-7k range, maybe ~5900 with absolutely all procs, etc, and a block.

You generate max threat while tanking, there is no sunwell radiance during anything in this fight (or K'J). You can easily get an avoidance streak and become rage-starved, however I don't know how thoroughly that applies to a paladin tank. I turn my back if I don't get hit for 4+ seconds in a row, because I need all the rage I can get.

Make sure your camera positioning is such that you can see all around you and right under Entropius as well, because getting caught by an orb you didn't see can easily be a wipe. (Or well, used to be, before he was nerfed into the ground!)

If you have your room kind of split and most of your casters end up on one side, try not to pull Entropius out of range of the casters, if possible. Move him laterally for example, instead of changing the distance from them.

Kamani
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Great infos, thanks.

I got all tank drops available up to Felmyst (including t6 boots and gloves, but not the shield which has been removed from the drop table apparently). I'm planning to tank the side + Entropius himself so i was thinking of a avoidance heavy gear (70%+ avoidance raidbuffed) while keeping decent amount of threat and possibly a threat trinket + avoidance trinket.

Are Ironshields needed for Entropius? Obviously they are great for sides, but i wonder if i could use a Destru pot for him instead.

Do you use two prot pallys? If so, weird, if not then you should be on the little shits that spawn when the Sentinels die.

Worldie
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
We use one and half. We use a holy paladin in SR for spawns, works fine enough and basically gives half additional healer. It's a fairly common tactic actually, since a full prot paladin is a complete waste for spawns being sooo much effective on sides (if you do them without CC)

Differently from a warrior, if i'm full mana, i can keep my full threat rotation for 30-40 seconds without any hit on me, so avoidance streak is not a issue.