PDA

View Full Version : TK & SSC Guild when to progress to BT & MH

luminarium
08-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi,

In the last few days our guild has become 5/6 in SSC and 3/4 in TK. Alar, Leotheras and Karethas were our last 3 bosses and we killed them in the last couple of days at the first time of seeing them 2-3 tries each, now the RL wants to focus on killing Kael and Vashj in their respective instances, in the next week or so.

I have a few buddies in BT and Sunwell and they are saying to forget Vashj and Kael and to start progress raids in MH and BT then go back to these two bosses in a couple of weeks!

Any thoughts?

Lumi.

UsalCrab
08-29-2008, 07:38 AM
With all of the badge gear available, a guild can gear up with T5 and badge gear and skip Vashj and Kael if they want to hurry into Hyjal and BT. However, Vashj and Kael are awesome fights that really put your teamwork to the test. To me, they are no longer wanted for the gear they drop, but rather for the pride that one would have from killing them. They are tough, much tougher than the first few bosses in Hyjal or BT in my opinion. I have much more respect for a guild if I know that they have downed these two bosses.

Tatt
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Lol I posted a link yesterday of a horde guild that finished kara, thought it was so easy that they skipped T5, skipped hyjal, did Najentus and again went "why the hell not" and skipped the rest of BT, then knocked out the first boss of sunwell. Badge gear makes the tier system almost nonexistant. Raid wherever you want if you think you have the crew to do it.

jere
08-29-2008, 07:49 AM
All I have to say comes from personal experience. Skipping Vashj and Kael is very similar to taking a break from college. Sure you intend to go back, but the majority of the time it never happens. Sure it does occur sometimes, but in general, you will find that you will start to get caught up in MH and BT progression so much that you find little reason to go back after Vashj and Kael.

Shakari
09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Killed both kael and vashj, loved the fights, glad I did them and I would say to anyone "go try them" just for the experience :)

Ylun
09-12-2008, 01:23 AM
We did Vashj and Hyjal first. Then she went down, and we started Kael'thas plus kept Hyjal. Then when he went down, we started BT.