PDA

View Full Version : @ Xav and Caulle (and anyone else!)

Sanelora
08-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Here is an interesting song! Sound is a bit peaky but what else can you do =/

iViY6wZGzEU

Its off the same Ferry Corsten CD as the songs from Xav's twins video (CD is called L.E.F. - or, "Loud. Electronic. Ferocious." if anyone is interested)

Its not a great CD but it does have some really good tracks on it!

Xav - Your video inspired me to look up the music. You have great taste!

Wrath
08-12-2008, 05:28 AM
whats so special & interesting bout this song that it deserves a own thread ? (even if its just ot) o.O

Hmn sorry to tell but i cant stand Ferry Corstens productions, but sure tastes are different (thank god).

Maybe i just dont get it, is there a connection between the song and premo´s Twin Video or did you just feel like make a thread to tell xav & caulle how great theire taste of music is ?

Sanelora
08-12-2008, 06:17 AM
haha, each to their own. Go watch the vid :p

The music is off the ferry corsten CD L.E.F.

Fire and the title track feature

its just a relaxing tune man. for me anyway

Kazeyonoma
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
meh, sharing music is always fun =]

I prefer Jpop or alternative rock music =P

Caulle
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey, how did I miss this thread?

@Sanelora: Actually, when I saw Xav's Twins video, that was the song I was after. Because it was so streamlined when Fire went into LEF, I thought that it was some remix of Fire I had never heard before. So in my searching to find that remix of Fire, I found LEF, which is an amazing song.

In the intern, I would like to point you towards:
YouTube - Pendulum 'Other Side' - Official Video

Xav
10-26-2008, 02:44 AM
haha i never saw this thread either, probably cuz I never check the OT forums :p

anyway thanks, I chose that song for the twins video because of the title of it/lyrics of it, and the relation to the fight!

WoTLK will allow for more funtimes movie making~!

Sanelora
10-26-2008, 04:03 AM
The best thing about Pendulum is that my best mate is living with the sister of one of them in Perth, Australia.

He gets lots of free stuff ><

Darksend
10-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey, how did I miss this thread?

@Sanelora: Actually, when I saw Xav's Twins video, that was the song I was after. Because it was so streamlined when Fire went into LEF, I thought that it was some remix of Fire I had never heard before. So in my searching to find that remix of Fire, I found LEF, which is an amazing song.

i agree with that, i honestly thought they were the same song and eventually realized it wasnt and got off my butt and searched for it.

that said pendulum is amazing, but their 2-3 songs are so overused and people never listen to the rest of their songs.

Caulle
10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
that said pendulum is amazing, but their 2-3 songs are so overused and people never listen to the rest of their songs.

I only heard Pendulum for the first time about a month ago. I was visiting my fiancee in Seattle, and we drove up to see my sister in Vancouver for supper. Her and her boyfriend brought us to Stanley Park and they had the In Silico album playing in the car. I just went "Dear god what is that heavenly amazing sound?"

I've never been a huge fan of Drum & Bass to be honest, which is why I was so surprised by them. I usually sway to the trance/house stuff. I have since scoped out their previous album and it's okay, but not really something I was overly into.

In the meantime, Track It Down actually had a recommendation for me today that I liked. Gotta find more remixes by Daniel Kandi because the last 3 or 4 I heard was amazing.
YouTube - Sundriver - City Lights (Daniel Kandi Remix) [TRANCE]

Sanelora
10-26-2008, 11:58 PM
My advice for Daniel Kandi is to check out some of the recent Anjunabeats albums. BTW Daniel Kandi isnt related to Hed Kandi at all. Don't fall into that trap like I did an by an average CD for obcene prices.

Anjunabeats Vol. 5. and Anjunabreats 100 had some good stuff on it by Daniel Kandi.

Ummmmm.

As for trance in general; www.anjunabeats.com : Above & Beyond, Anjunabeats, Music, Info, Forums, Radio, Pictures, Movies and more! (http://www.anjunabeats.com/) is good place to check. Also, try listen to "Trance Around the World" (Above and Beyond's radio show) every week if you don't already, it should be on that website. It is free-to-air so Trance Fresh - archive of trance radio show (http://www.trancef.com) is legal if you want to download it.

I find "Trance Around the World" to be slightly more to my taste than "A State of Trance" (Armin Van Buuren's radio show). Ultimatly it doesn't matter but that is just how I feel about it :p

I love all styles of music that are out there and I love at least a song from every genre of music. Gregorian Chant and Classical included etc.

Otherwise, in terms of electronic music, I have been listening to some Hardstyle and Gabber recently.

This Hardstyle track caught my attention for being awesome and cheesy at the same time:
YouTube - Davide Sonar - Sarabande

Klimpen
10-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Needs moar DJ Trancelight.

Sanelora
10-28-2008, 05:25 AM
needs moar dj trancelight.

qft

Caulle
10-28-2008, 05:28 AM
needs moar linking IMO

Sanelora
10-28-2008, 05:51 AM
mp3.de » Musik » Melodic » DJ Trancelight (http://mp3.de/musik/genre/band/030604/200712/3)

#22 is SWEET

Sanelora
11-06-2008, 05:57 AM
I just picked up the CD A State of Trance 2008. It is by far the best in the series. It is worth picking up and it has some Daniel Kandi on it :p

ttocs
11-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Interesting.

As someone who didn't listen to music much (WoW is the first game I play regularly that I could actually listen to music while playing), I was actually drawn to trance (or whatever you call it's many variations) by the vodka KJ video (which features a bunch of Hardcore tracks). Since, I've been tanking to di.fm/Happyhardcore.com's stream.

There's some interesting music here, though admittedly I'm a bit of a general music noob, let alone the various kinds of dance/electronic music.

Also, there's some hardcore tracks I'd like to buy, any idea where theres a good place to buy/download if they're free?

Sanelora
11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA happy hardcore. i love that stuff. Check out the "Bonkers" Series if you like that kind of stuff.

hardcore is however, a dying genre :(

Frisky & Hujib - Get Away
YouTube - Frisky & Hujib - Get Away (Gammer Remix)

For those of you who saw it, Fame's Illidan video with Premonition on Alleria featured a song by Frisky & Hujib. It was a hardcore rework of a Sunlounger's trance classic "Believe" and was featured on Bonkers 14 - Hardcore Strikes Back (lolstarwars joke). That would have to be my favourite happy hardcore track of all time.

Just for people who dont know me, I like EVERY kind of music. I particularly like Death metal, Trance (specifically) and most electronic dance music. I personally can not think of any kind of music (other than Soljah Boy... UGH) that I don't mind/like. I am the epitome of eclectic in terms of my taste.

Now....... Back to Armin Only 2008

Caulle
11-06-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm picky with Hardcore stuff. I don't really like Happy Hardcore much at all. I'll like a song now and then, but that's it. The closest to HH picks I've got are... Yes, I prefer stuff with vocals.

YouTube - D-Code feat. Emma - My Direction (Squad-E Remix)

YouTube - Ultrabeat vs. Scott Brown - Elysium (Breeze & Styles Mix)

ttocs
11-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I'm completely out of the loop community-wise.

I keep hearing some things about "hardcore isn't dead" "hardcore 'till I die!" to some of the music, but I thought little of it.

While hardcore gets me fired up, some things (like City Lights) were fairly calming. Different music for different moods.

Listening to Sarabande gave me like... 8 different ideas for movies to sync it to.

Sanelora
11-06-2008, 06:57 AM
"Hardcore 'till i die" is a record label :p

TBH, hardcore is my least favourite out of all of the electronic dance music scene. I still love some of it :p

ttocs
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Caulle, That first one was the very song that got me looking for Hardcore, though it was this mix:
YouTube - D: Code ft. Emma- My Direction

The other one was (ignore the silent introduction):
YouTube - open up 2008

Admittedly, there arent too many 'standout' hardcore songs that I really liked, like:
YouTube - Splash- Blame The Moon

I like this one too, though I think the dialog in the middle detracts from it:
YouTube - S3RL - Neon Genesis (techno-hardcore)

But anyway, I'm open to anything - I like what I've heard thus far, no idea where to find it other than youtube.

Caulle
11-06-2008, 07:33 AM
But anyway, I'm open to anything - I like what I've heard thus far, no idea where to find it other than youtube.

Most of my music these days I find on Trackitdown - Dance Music MP3/WAV Distribution Centre (http://www.trackitdown.net/)

This is my saved playlist from TID: http://www.methart.com/trackitdown.html

Kazeyonoma
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I likez da musac exceptz for d3h lil' wayne..

seriously... how is that music..

Klimpen
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Vague reports of Sanelora liking Pump Up The Jam.

Sanelora
11-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Vague reports of Sanelora liking Pump Up The Jam.

No.