PDA

View Full Version : New and would love to get your feedback :)

holydeano
08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi all

I would like your feedback on my stats please

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Deanoblack)

Should i think about losing some of my defense rating for HP?

Thanks for your time

Deanoblack

Tatt
08-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Personally I would change the defense gem for stam or dodge, change the cloak chant to dodge, and get the SSO shield instead of coldarra. Those will improve your avoidance and your threat. Badge bracers would also be good for your next purchase, if you aren't already working towards the belt.

Shortypop
08-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm going to answer a question you didn't ask and suggest maxing out one hand spec and focused rage - taking points from imp shield bash/imp disarm/imp def stance/imp taunt/imp shield wall/imp revenge -- depending on what your main focus is - heroic pugs (where you need taunt), magic fights (where imp def stance is useful), if you're aoe tanking or MT'ing imp thunderclap is also worth some points.

jlafleur
08-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I would not switch the cloak enchant to dodge. The two cloak enchants to use are armor and defense not dodge. The difference in avoidance is minimal between dodge and defense but the defense enchant gives you more gearing flexibility (remaining uncrittable).

The defense gem in the belt is in a yellow socket in order to obtain a socket bonus so I wouldn't switch it for dodge gem since that won't get the socket bonus. Having said that, the socket bonus is meh and I'd just socket stamina instead.

1. Chest enchant switch to 150 health.
2. 12 stamina on the bracers since you will have a use those for a long time on your trash set.
3. Put an enchant on your sword. Even deathfrost or +7 damage so you don't have to use a lot of materials until you get a weapon upgrade.
4. I'd swap your shield for the SSO exalted shield at least or grind 15k honor for the S2 shield.

Ukk
08-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Agree with jlafleur.

Also at the top of your list should be to work on your Aldor rep to get the Vindicator's Hauberk which should be an upgrade, and will let you get the better shoulder enchant. You should be able to get the KoT rep legs which are also a slight upgrade.

I would also farm and farm and do dailies until you have the mats/cash for Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer, which may be the last ranged wep you'l need before the expansion. It is also a great place for a green gem because it activates your meta and gives you a stamina bonus. All other gems should be blue stam gems.

And do heroic mech every day until you get your the Sun Eater.

holydeano
08-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks so much to all, never had such a good feedback (not about my status) just no flaming. I think that I will be staying around the tankspot as you guys clearly know what you are talking about.

Thanks again and I will start to farm the goods you have suggested :)