PDA

View Full Version : I need Help Tank Advice.

LoSom
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I wanted to know if i was ready to go into ZA MTing.

Armor: 16,364

Defense: 506-510 (Depending on Armor)

Dodge: 17.16%

Parry: 18.57%

Block: 24.61%

This is where i get kinda stumped. My HP is kinda low i mean its around 13k and when fully buffed i get around 16-17k I knot thats way to low for me atm. I should be siting at around 15k and pretty But not 100% sure

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Losom)

KillZero
08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
I think you will have some trouble MTing in ZA without more health and mitigation. You could definitely eek out some more health just through gemming and enchants. I see youíve got some defense gems. Other than the one yellow gem you need for your meta, I would use all +12 stam gems (or +15 if you know you wonít be replacing the item for a long time). Basically ignore socket bonuses, unless they are very good, and even then try to fit in the mixed colors with some stam when you can.

I havenít tanked the last couple of bosses in ZA myself, but from what I understand, unless you have some SSC and TK gear, they are no joke.

Personally, if I were you, I would focus on getting as much badge gear as possible. Kara looks a lot more up your ally at the moment. Work on clearing that place and getting your 23 badges a week from there. Adding in as many heroics and the first couple bosses out of ZA and youíll be rocking 14-15k unbuffed in no time.

The thing to remember is that progression-wise ZA is not after Kara. ZA is much harder than Kara and is made a lot easier by getting a healthy dosage of badge gear and drops from at least the first few 25 mans (e.g. Gruul, Mags, SSC, etc.).

Hope that helps.

Ukk
08-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah you ought to have the badge bracers and belt at the very least, and probably a couple other badge items. If you can't get t4 legs make the badge legs your 3rd badge purchase. With better trinkets you would be ready for ZA (Violet eye badge, Vengeance card, Shard of Contempt, Commendation).

But you have a lot of work to do on your current gear.

Get rid of all yellow/red/green/purple gems except for the one in your gun that gives you a nice stam socket bonus and activates your meta gem. At your progression that is an absolute truth. =) This will add 60 stamina, or 600 health, unbuffed.

And work on your enchants: Get exalted with aldor/scyer for the better shoulder enchant; put +150 health on your chest; +12 stam on your bracers; clefthide leg armor on your legs (nethercleft on your epic legs when you get them); +12 stam or boar's speed to your boots; +120 armor to your cloak. Just fixing these enchants is another 600 additional health unbuffed. Nothing screams "noob tank" like poorly enchanted gear imo. I can't see your shield but you better have +18 stam on it.

So I just increased your unbuffed health by 1200 without any new gear. No need to thank me. =P

LoSom
09-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Ight I r back lol...

Parry-20%

Doge-19.98%

Block 23%

18k armor

16k unbuffed.

Full geared with kara+ZA amr.

1 Question. is it me as a tank or it just the boss when Linx Boss go pass 30% and when he go in enrage dose he just like throwing out crushing blows? I mean my Def is at 512 TPS 600-800 And stable. But seems like i can not fucking stay alive after 30% linx boss when he go into enrage stage. Crushing blow BAM 9k Crushing blow BAM 11k im dead its like ..eh.. Explain anyone?

Optimoos
09-27-2008, 10:34 PM
1 Question. is it me as a tank or it just the boss when Linx Boss go pass 30% and when he go in enrage dose he just like throwing out crushing blows? I mean my Def is at 512 TPS 600-800 And stable. But seems like i can not fucking stay alive after 30% linx boss when he go into enrage stage. Crushing blow BAM 9k Crushing blow BAM 11k im dead its like ..eh.. Explain anyone?

When the lynx boss frenzies he will chew your shield block charges up in no time - this is a good time to pop your Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch if you find you are dying regularly. Also, if it's a problem, try to have a hunter in the raid who is on the ball with Tranquilizing Shot to remove the frenzy as quickly as possible.

Combining the frenzy with enrage increased damage is what is getting you killed.

Edit: Just looking at your gear, you're pretty well off but the T4 chest is underwhelming. Pick up the badge vendor Chestplate of Stoicism when you're able to.

LoSom
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
So its not only me its a group effort right?

Optimoos
09-28-2008, 09:51 PM
No, I would say that you need to make sure your off-tank is standing right on top of your to ensure sabre lashes are being split properly (it's useful to have both tanks use a Savory Deviate Delight to have identical hitbox sizes if splitting sabre lash is causing problems). If you're dying, you need to make sure your healers are on the ball and bombing you with heals when frenzy goes up, they cannot be reactive healing you. There's a lot going on in this fight, make sure you're not getting flame shocked although I don't think he flame shocks his top aggro target. On top of that, having the frenzy dispelled by a tranquil shot is useful.

The numbers you posted earlier should be sufficient to tank the fight, your group just needs to get used to everything that's going on and how to deal with them.

Darksend
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
this one has me a bit confused because the lynx boss does not enrage at 30% thats the dragonhawk that enrages at 30%. If you are talking about the dragonhawk like i have a feeling you are, than yes, at your gear level you will need to pop (which you should be doing already) ironshields then at 30% last stand trinket then when those go down shield wall and hope hes dead.

if you are in fact refering to the lynx boss that gains enrage every so offten, when bringing an undergeared tank having a hunter to tranq shot is a must or you will get destroyed.

but if you could clarify which boss you actually mean that would be a great help

Dismember
09-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Jan'alai enrages at 5 minutes, not 30%.

Halazzi also does not enrage at 30%.

Remmz
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Jan'alai enrages at 5 minutes, not 30%.

Halazzi also does not enrage at 30%.

Actually, Jan'alai does both.

We routinely kill him in 3 minutes, and yes, he still enrages.

Dismember
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Actually, Jan'alai does both.

We routinely kill him in 3 minutes, and yes, he still enrages.

Further digging reveals he does also enrage at 20%, if he has not already hit the 5 minute timer.

I've never been in a group that killed him before he hit that first enrage timer, so that was a new one to me. :)

Darksend
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
ignore me i just woke up misread

doesnt dragonhawk enrage at 35, or does he not enrage when we pops all the eggs ?

PvtCaboose
09-29-2008, 07:35 PM

doesnt dragonhawk enrage at 35, or does he not enrage when we pops all the eggs ?

He does infact enrage at 30% and if all the eggs arent poped... they do pop

Dismember
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM

Jan'alai will enrage at 5 minutes, or 20% health, whichever comes first.

At 35% he breaks all remaining eggs. Not linked to any enrage.

Darksend
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
its been so long since i actually "did" any of those fights, last time i went in selling a bear mount last week before the 1st set of hatchers spawned he was already at 75% by the time the AOE was done he was at 40. man i gota remember to pay attention to these things.

LoSom
09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes I was speaking of Dragon hawk.

Darksend
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes I was speaking of Dragon hawk.

thanks for the clarification

as i said, the 1st time i did it on PTR when it was still on the PTR and he 4shot me in full t6/bt/hyjal gear i said on vent "i really hope thats a timer and not a low % enrage or this is gona be rogue" we went again and yet again at low % i got 5 shot this time. we figured out that we were taking to long (not in that it was a timed enrage) but that in all the healers were oom at that point and as a druid i had no O S#^@ buttons. next time we did it the warrior tanked it and i gathered birds, the enrage hit he shieldwalled and last standed + nightmare seed with ironshield popped. healers still had mana left more than the previous attempts and we downed him.

Shakari
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Ight I r back lol...

Parry-20%

Doge-19.98%

Block 23%

18k armor

16k unbuffed.

Full geared with kara+ZA amr.

well the enrage at 30% is actually 20% is the dragon hawk and whats happening is your SB charges are being eaten and your taking a beating, he doesn;t crush for all that much from my experience (4-6k) but he hits very quickly so you can take 3 hits in a row at times and you HP can plummet. Dodge trinkets, last stand, shield wall, agil pots agil scrolls, ironshield pots anything to either reduce dmg or increase avoidance is good :)

And as for halazzi he cannot crush, but does have a frenzy effect which can be dispelled by a hunter, while frienzied he hits like a truck basically you can survive it easily enough but it can be hard work for healers, again keep CD's and use pots for avoidance or mitigation for when he goes into frenzy if you cannot remove it.

Davg
10-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Ive tanked the first 3 bosses of ZA and yeah its a bitch and i even have the badge legs and chest. I got unlucky when fighting Dragonhawk. He was on enrage and went through my shield blocks and i got a Crushing Blow, it was only about 5k but yeah he does hit fast and that was enough to end me =(
(http://caelestrasz-us.warcrafter.net/Davg)