PDA

View Full Version : help with pummel

Malkieri
08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
So i'm new to pvp and arenas with my war. i've been playin wow since inception and tanked thru MH and decided pvp is now where it's at. my gear's decent so far and i've been playin around to find the spec that fits me best. my question i pose now is how do i keep pummel available for use. it seems i always get caught on my gcd when i'm needing it. do you count on normal attacks or spam your rage stuff and hop to have it available when needed? i'm usually using MS when up, hamstring, and other skills when they're up and always get caught with my pants down (so to speak).

also, any tips as to my next needed upgrade would be cool, armory link is here: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&n=Malkieri)

thanks in advance

Bloodwraith
08-09-2008, 05:44 PM
You should be keeping MS up, hamstring, and I usually try to keep 5 sunders on my target at all times. I don't usually have any trouble with pummel being on GCD, I usually can guess when the opponent is about to cast something like cyclone or roots.

imo the next upgrades would be a new neck or trinket.

Ukyo
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The thing about pummel is that is a pretty needy skill, and you'll only learn when to use it screwing up. You need to time your interrupts for when you need them, and you'll need to "feel" when to use it correctly since there's no exact art of using pummel.

as upgrades go, i'd pick up some pve gear if you can and replace some of the glad gear with that, then start to either pick up merciless gear or vengeful/brutal. Other than that your gear is pretty balanced. (Choker of Serrated Blades could be one =P)

Malkieri
08-09-2008, 06:07 PM
i used to be in a raiding guild but now i focus just on pvp. the whole raiding thing is something i've just gotten tired of. was thinking of going with brutal gloves first then the other vengeful brutal gear. is the shard of contempt a viable trinket in pvp, same thing with the SSO dmg neck? not sure if the procs are worth it in your opinions.

Painapple
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
If' you're within range of 1550 rating, I'd go for s4 legs next. Perhaps just me though...

Ukyo
08-09-2008, 07:53 PM
the SSO neck is only good if you're exalted with Aldor (didn't checked the shoulders so i don't know) and shard of contempt is pretty decent, i've used it myself and i like that 44 expertise rating, but i only use it on BG's, on arenas i stick to Determination and Bloodlust

Irellman
08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
One point about your spec. If you are going to take Tactical Mastery, take all 3 points. Spell reflect is 25 rage so you will need all 3 points to instant cast it from another stance. 2 points is really just wasted.

As for Pummel, I like to cause most of my damage at the start of my swing timer (I use Quartz). Auto-Slam-MS/WW which leaves time for other abilities (Pummel,Sunder,Hamstring) in the middle to end of the 3.8 second timer.

Works for me, just find what works for you.

Malkieri
08-10-2008, 08:24 AM
the reason i only took the 2 points in TM is that i'm really only concerned with disarming my opponents. i don't run 2s competitively, just a 3 with resto sham, disc priest and a 5s i'm building now. my main focus with TM is to be able to disarm the ret pallys and arms wars focusing on my healers.