PDA

View Full Version : Armor Penetration Rating

Korlong
08-09-2008, 08:41 AM
So apparently armor penetration is going to be moved to a percentage-based system, and reduce armor by a fixed percentage.

WoW Forums -> Armor Penetration going to rating? (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=8765639971&sid=2000)

Is it just me, or is this yet another arena balance change that punches PvE repeatedly in the groin?

Crimsonstorm
08-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Depends on how they implement it.

Korlong
08-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Obviously, but it seems unlikely that they are going to let me take a Feral druid or Paladin to zero armor.

They could do something weird like apply hefty diminishing returns on armor penetration rating so that your first few points of it are awesome and it gets worse from there so that it's fairly easy to reach, say, 25% reduction; but unless they make this stat work completely differently in PvE, I don't see how this could be considered a buff given that currently taking a boss to 0 armor is feasible.

Korlong
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Apparently the change to armor penetration rating got reverted, presumably after someone realized it sucked. Hopefully you can all resume not caring.

Ukyo
08-09-2008, 07:56 PM
hmm if they keep it in the end from what i've read on the forums it could be a steady damage increase.

Imagine... Shield break on a pally and the new armor pen system... ** plus bleeds... omg the numbers *O*