PDA

View Full Version : flurry vs tm

velouriam
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
So i use the rest of my talent points leftover from arms to get i think 3 points in flurry. i like the idea of swinging faster to cause more dmg. and it procs alot. However, is this a neccesary loss to get stance mastery so that i can switch stances and not lose rage? what are you all using.

Ukyo
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
35/23/3 with 3/3 Imp. Hamstring, improves your survivabilty against nukers like mages and warlocks and gives you a defensive move against rogues and warriors

Bloodwraith
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm currently Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbqMbdbZE0zm0xRZc)

I've also used Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbqMbzbZE0zmMxRc)

They are both very viable. It comes down to your personal preference, and what sort of comp and situations you are in.

Painapple
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
They are both very viable. It comes down to your personal preference, and what sort of comp and situations you are in.

This is basically what decides your spec, huge difference playing warrior in 2v2 and 5v5.

Schleppy
08-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I go with this general rule...

In comps where I have dispel on my side, I prefer flurry..

In comps I have no dispel, I need TM for spell reflects.

Feel free to borrow my general rule if you want. :)

Tizack
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I use a low rage cost build with Imp heroic strike and also keep Unbrideled wrath instead of booming voice cuz i don't see the point in a longer lasting shout.

As far as pummel. u sort of need to feel it i guess i usually seem to know when they are goign to cast something or u just have to know what u need to interupt and when u think they will use it. Using intimidating shout as an interupt as well is a good idea.

Bloodwraith
08-11-2008, 07:26 AM
The reason people take booming voice is for the area of effect part of it. With this you can easily demo and still pull a rogue that was far away out of stealth.

Kazeyonoma
08-11-2008, 10:26 AM
not to mention 5 points in unbridled wrath means ~45%(dependant on swing speed of weapon) of your white swings (swing timer based attacks only, not instants, confirmed by many experts as well as myself) to generate 1 rage. That means every 3.6 seconds if you use a pvp weapon, to have about 50/50 chance to gain 1 rage. Not worth it imo. Even if you can't find booming voice that useful at least spec into improved demoralizing shout. 5/5 Improved Demoralizing shout makes any AP based class (hunters, rogues, warriors, ret paladins, Enh Shamans) hit for substantially less, and against a warrior it's basically removing his improved Battle shout.