PDA

View Full Version : Naxxramas virgins

Throng
08-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Hi guys,

Having heard so many good things about it, I'd quite like to see the old Naxx before it moves to Northrend. Can you give me some idea how hard it would be for a guild that is currently 3/6 SSC and 2/4 TK?

How many players would we realistically need?
Is the lack of resistance gear (apart from our Hydross tanks :p) likely to be a problem?
And which, if any wings do you think we could tackle?

I don't think we'd necessarily want to clear the whole thing, but to be able to say "we were there" would be kinda nice.

Thanks!
Throngy

Bubalus
08-08-2008, 05:00 AM
depends if you know the tactics ^^
i would say anywhere from 25man to 40 man to not make it to hard tbh.
we usually do spiderwing -> Plague Wing - abomanation wing -> deathknight wing -> lair
Spider wing should not be to hard , plague wing might get hard if you don't have the dps (Stoneskin of the gargoyles) and Gluth can be a bitch sometimes , abomanation should als not be to hard , 4horseman can be a bitch ofc but part from that should not be to hard.

Sapphiron & Kel'thuzad are still pretty challeging imo , make sure to bring enough decursers for Sapphiron but still expect a lot to die ^^
resistance gear imo not really nececary but some encounters will be easier (ie frost on Sapphiron)

Just go and have fun :) naxx is worth the wipes ;p

protonly
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
A lot of these fights seemed to me more complicated than anything in TK/SSC so the RL is very key here. Your RL needs to know it inside and out - outside of that, I've been in naxx puggs with mostly virgins to naxx with various gear levels that just bitch slapped everything up to (but not including) kel because the RL knew every pull. It took two attempts for a server first kel kill. I think the fights are way more fun than TK/SSC so clear as much as you can and who knows, you might get a server first.

For what it is worth, we had about 20-35 people (anyone that wanted to come) and it was far from an ideal group composition...

nares
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
does anyone of you who's been to Wotlk Naxx know if there's still Frost Resistance needed for Sapphiron?

Heard of Premonition that conquered all the new stuff.

Kossaks
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
you wont need frost resist just makes it a little easier on the raid healing if others have it on and dont stand in the blizzard

Hamburglar
09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I did it with 24 people from a guild that was full T5 at the time. We wiped 4 times on Instructor and 4 times on Gothik before killing them and could not kill Thaddius due to DPS shortage. Some of the fights will be easy at 70 but some of them you need coordination and have to execute a specific strategy to win. Instructor for instance you NEED at least 1 shadow priest to MC his adds and tank him. He does an attack that will one shot anything but a T6-geared tank. For Gothik you can't just smash down his adds, you need to control the pace or you will get overrun. My advice is treat it like a serious raid and execute the strats that worked at 60.

Annatar
09-12-2008, 12:54 AM
I run a naxx pugg in kilrogg every friday night,i've done it for the past 3 months, and i still keep running it, i fill it up to 40 raiders, and we do just zerg the hell out of the place, bosses are jokes to a mix of t6,t5's badge geared folks, we don't do it how it's meant to be done because we basicly just cheese the game mechanics, or the boss mechanics, like heigan doesn't even make it to his platform to do the dance for the raid, but hell nowadays i just wanna run the place fast and move on, cause we also do aq40 on the same night.
But it's a complete joke at lvl70 with a decent balanced group, the only ones that still require a bit of strategy are four hoursemen, sapphiron (healing intensive, a joke if you have priests) and kel'thuzad, the last 2 basicly cause @ lvl 60 you needed the whole raid in full frost resistance.