PDA

View Full Version : Feral tank stats for Tidewalker

Dismember
08-07-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm running SSC with a new guild as tank and raid leader. We hit SSC for the first time the other day, dropped Lurker, and decided to get a couple attempts in on Tidewalker. Our best attempt saw Tidewalker to about 70%.

Reading different strats it seems like a druid may be a better choice to tank Tidewalker than myself. However, looking at the stats of our guild druids, I'm a little concerned. None of our ferals is above 20k HP raid buffed. In my old guild, which never made the jump into T5, our feral tanks sat at around 23-24k HP raid buffed, if not a little more. I'm not sure why there's such a large disparity.

What ballpark stats does a druid tank need to have to be considered ready for Tidewalker?

Alent
08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
um, I did it fine with about 16~17K raidbuffed, 32K armor. Certainly more is always better. they may be "so low" because they've stacked agi and not stam, which at that tier won't hurt them.

Dismember
08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
So essentially it's probably just a difference in itemization.

My next question would be what is a good dodge percentage for an 18K HP, 32k Armor druid tank on Morogrim?

Alent
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Hmm. Probably in the 35~50%, raidbuffed range.

Edit: including miss.

Dismember
08-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info.

Del
09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
TIdewalker is an avoidance fight, plain and simple. Check your own itemization first before having a druid MT it, they're likely more useful on murlocks.

Randiriel
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
We're just getting to Tidewalker right now. We have our prot warrior on Tidewalker, and the other feral tank and I handle the murlocs. It works out better for our raid that way. Though when said warrior also has BT and Hyjal gear, it's an easy call to have her tank Tidewalker. Gear issues aside, I think we'd still do it with the druids on the murlocs. It frees us up to be a bit more versatile for the raid.

-Rand

Fayre
09-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Well, if you're in the process of attempts... why not try it?

We generally found a bear was easier to heal when we were learning initially, but we also had warriors tank him.

Your feral druids might be undergeared (or gearing badly) if they are low on HP, but without armory links its difficult to make any specific comments.

Shadevarr
09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
our bear tank (lunaya of vek'nilash if you want to armory) goes in there with 24k raid buffed (including commanding shout) and 62% dodge. This is all with gear accessible before tidewalker. Damage is still bursty and he has had to chain frenzied regen in a few spots. Warrior OTs should intervene the bear whenever he calls out that he used frenzied regen to help healers catch up.