PDA

View Full Version : Must Have PvP Mods?

Kahmal
08-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm leveling a Tauren Warrior and I want to make him a beast mode PvPer, however at level 50 in many ganking encounters I realize that I'm really going to need a UI that will allow me to see everything I need to see ASAP so I can react quick.

Kazeyonoma
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Proximo
Bartender3 (or any bar mod to get all your buttons in 1 area of your screen)

That's about all you really need for pvp. Maybe Deadly Boss Mods to tell you when doors are opening.

Bloodwraith
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Kaz idk about your quartz settings but mine shows when doors are opening in a little bar.

In terms of Addons I use:

Pitbull
Bartender4
Quartz
Afflicted
Proximo

I should prolly try out MSBT soon. Kaz whats your opinion on it?

Btw this is a nice tutorial on ArenaJunkies

Basic PvP UI Tutorial (video) - Arena Junkies Forums (http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=24814)

Kazeyonoma
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I love MSBT, after seeing it in Kazaganthi's pvp videos I grabbed it right away and have loved it since. It's efficient, it's fast, it's easy to use, and it's custimizable, I don't see what not to like. I've recently had a problem letting Bshout fall off and not refreshing so I made a new notification area in my top right of my screen, increased Font Size to max, and put "Buff Lost" in that area, now whenever any of my buffs fall off a HUGE text flies to the corner so I know it. It's stuff like that that I appreciate, and eventually I'll get into the habit of refreshing it before that thing comes, and I can remove it from the notification areas.

pretty good stuff tbh. and my quartz is wonky, i always have issues with it, like right now i have 2 bars overlapping for some reason over the same area so although i can see the cast bar just fine, the text from the two bars commonly overlap and it's hard to read what's being cast. Pitbull is a good addon too but it can be messy and complicated, I just used Firstblood's UI and built off of it from there, disabling this or adding that, making the Pitbull changes easier to do.

Bloodwraith
08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
What kind of other things do you have it set to?

I have my afflicted to say in raid warning if most enemy spells are cast.

to fix quartz just type /quartz select the bars that are messed up. uncheck the lock button and move them or make them smaller :p

Pitbull is pretty easy to set up if you turn off the unneeded frames like main tank stuff/ raid etc. After that go to the pitbull tab at the very top and hit configuration mode and set to party and then unlock all the bars and move em. then relock them and disable configuration mode. It 10 minutes or less to set it up :D