PDA

View Full Version : ZA requirements

Evilbetti
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
hi
yesterday i found a pug for ZA and i had a huge problem surviving.
it was really frustratin because, i have no problem tanking in kara og any heriocs.
we had a resto shaman with about 1650 healing+ and then a paladin and a druid with about 1800-1900 healing. that should be okay, right?
we started off at bear, i was tanking the normal form, and it was going quite well. The second time i tanked him I had huge problems and I died just when he was about to switch form.
I was combat ressed but i died again just after.
am i undergeared for Zul Aman? and if what attributes do you suggest i work at?
(i'll put in a link to the armory later, its bugged now)

my stats are:
Parry 15.68
Block 15.68
Dogde 13.45
Armor 12438
Ressi 26
HP 14924
Def 492

hope u got time to help me out here
Evilbetti

Tatt
08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Ummm 12438 armor seems quite low for ZA...I would work on your armor as much as possible, I believe when I tanked nalorakk I was in the 15ish range hp and armor

Schleex
08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I tanked him in bear phase for the first time yesterday. 15k armour and around 16k health. Were a few spikes but never in danger of dying.

Check my armory if you want information re my gear.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al'Akir&n=Schleex

commacozzee
08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
i've healed za many a time, and i've realized that the bear tank is exponentially easier to heal the more avoidance he has. you can avoid the bleed debuff, and avoid the hits he gives you afterwards. your avoidance is dangerously low, and your armor is low, i wouldn't suggest tanking bear phase with low avoidance/EH.

i'm also assuming you have sblock up at all times...

mero12513
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm inclined to agree with the above. Although Cider strongly suggests EH for this fight, you're dodge looks REALLY low to me. I actually went through my first ZA last night and did fine. I do however, have a total of about 55% avoidance, where you're sitting at something like 41-42. ZA is pretty simple as far as tactics go, but it's a bigger strain on your gear than anything that comes before it by a large margin.

Look at getting something like the 100 badge legs or Chest as soon as possible. Those things have absurd amounts of avoidance, as well as great EH.

Leytur
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Bear doesn't crush so SB isn't it.

I'm inclined to think you two weren't standing on top of each other.

I had 14.9k HP 15k armor probably first time I tanked ZA. Eagle and Bear should both be quite doable around 14/15 or so.

Danach
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Even though he doesn't crush, SB still contributes a fair amount of DR. Also he only had 12k armor, even though he had 15k HP. That plus his avoidance would make it pretty difficult.

Evilbetti
08-08-2008, 06:50 AM
thanks for your answers guys
i farmed The merciless shield, it gives a nice amount of armor so now im up to 15.1k.
it doesnt help me getting anymore avoidance tho.
ill try to farm some bagdes gear

bludwork
08-08-2008, 07:23 AM
all your stats are low. do more kara and get more badges for better gear

Compa
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
all your stats are low. do more kara and get more badges for better gear

This
Also, check somewhere in this site the page about minimums. That will give you a hint of the content you should be tanking ;)
Bearboss is not that hard. (pretty easy fight) but he does hit hard.

Odiin
08-27-2008, 11:11 PM
When i was tanking Bear first time i was at 16k+ armor and steel had some prob but probably because of healers i use to tank him in Bear form because i got Stoneskin.
The Trinket from Moroes helped me alot.