PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades...

giwsgib
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I know it is frowned upon to start a "tell me what gear to get" thread, but I need a little help here =\. My gear isn't BAD, I have badge stuff, kara/za/gruuls... I believe I outgear gruuls because of the badge gear that was put in, but my guild is still really casual and doing gruuls starting mags soon and such... My armory is: here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwing+Lair&n=Giwsgib)

I seem to still have issues w/ threat in certain situations against our top DPSers so I have been looking for more hit/expertise gear as of late... I plan on getting the badge belt which has hit/expertise (iirc) and am unsure what else I should shoot for or try to change. I have other gear but what I am currently in on armory is what i generally tank in. I DO have the S2 shield, but use gruuls due to the hit...

I also have a few pieces i change out for a higher avoidance set (which i really never use...) But i can get > 50% avoidance while having 17k+ armor but my hp drops to 14.5k (And i lose hit in the process ofcourse)...

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should shoot for to up my threat or what I should be able to tank in my gear (I know it depends on raid makeup/healers/raid gear etc, but lets say theoretically they are all on par and we have a pretty solid raid makeup)]

Thank you!

btw, love the forums I've used them forever and just avoided posting stuff until I had searched a ton, and finally am sorta lost as where to go from here XD.

Edit: Ty, will do and also its not strictly that im lost, I've looked at the TPS gear lists and such, but im just lost as in my level of progression vs gear and what i need to aim for since badge loot sorta closed a huge gap for starting raiders.

Kazeyonoma
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Moved to Armory Suggestions.

Aside from Hit, Expertise, and more SBV on your gear, try tightening up your rotation by checking out Xav's post "Generating the Threat" in the guides. It should help you out.

giwsgib
08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I will be getting the badge belt w/ hit / expertise tonight, finally getting the extra badges (I didn't get it first cause before I didn't NOTICE threat issues, and didn't want to sacrifice avoidance for it...)

mero12513
08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Start raiding SSC/TK. Helm from ZA. 2% threat might be better than 15 agil on your gloves, but there's math there that I'm not good at.

giwsgib
08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Yah I was actually going to change my enchant since I've gotten some upgrades that buffed my avoidance (its around 45% or something atm) When i get the belt itll drop by about 1% and 15agi isnt a HUGE boost to dodge but it helped at the time =)

Also about my gems, should i drop some of the avoidance gems for stam? Like in my legs... gained a bit of avoidance by matching sockets... I only 'lost' 15 stamina between all my non strictly stam gems and while at it gained avoidance and block value... any thoughts?