PDA

View Full Version : Dw Fury DPS Advice/Tips with WWS

Chosenx
08-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone.

I just raided kara as dw fury with my new gear etc. I have done it once before but seemed to do a lot better this time around.

Anyway I got a lot of gear improvements as it was a geared kara run for the most part, so next time I should push even more dps out.

However I was wondering if people could give me any advice as to my rotation, skills used and gear upgrades that could make my playing even better. I'm open to all advice and suggestions.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/arkim4itizedy)

Thats the WWS of the raid, my character is Chosenx. I had a bit of lag in some fights (aran i think) and i also wasnt payin a lot of attention to trash (does anyone?).

Here is my armory as well.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Chosenx)

I got the t4 hands and helm for dps during the raid as well which might not be equipped depends if I have gemmed/enchanted them yet or not. Also got bloodlust brooch after the raid.

I am thinking on working towards the S2 Chest from battlegrounds as it looks like a big upgrade and I doubt i will be replacing my chest in the raids I am doing atm any time soon. Is this a good idea? What else should I be working towards?

Obviously a new trinket, I did all the quests for trinkets and chose the tanking ones lol, so no options there. Obviously boots are sucky, and i gotta regem and eventually replace shoulders.

What should be my next badge purchase? I'm guessing probably the main hand badge fist, but perhaps there are better options (that take less than a month to get haha).

Also, how can I fix my rotation etc. any advice is appreciated.

Oh and one more thing, I pulled 1500 dps on illhoof! I felt pretty good about that, even though I did a lot of sweeping strikes whirlwind using the imps to add the extra sweeping strikes damage. I don't really care if that changes the dps drastically and gives a wrong representation lol, cos that felt cool!

Thanks again for any help!

Tatt
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Get thee to heroic Magister's Terrace!!! Shard of contempt, netherforce chestplate, breeching comet, shoulders of everlasting pain, and the leather dps boots (forgot their name) would all be upgrades for you! Make that your new home while you are badge farming, you will not replace the chest from their till T5 or S3, breeching comet till you can afford the badge fists, or the shard of contempt till you are in Sunwell. Only thing I saw rotation wise was not very many heroic strikes. Were you rage starved or jsut not using it very often? Make sure whenever you are over 50% to use it. If you are using sweeping strikes, make sure you watch for Victory Rush to pop up when you kill little stuff, it will help your dps on the boss.

ebs2002
08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
One other note: if you're an armorsmith, Bulwark of the Ancient Kings is equal to S3, and I believe better than T5 chest (although since we're not doing Kael, I haven't checked).

It lacks armor pen, but it has truckloads of attackpower and crit, and gives a great chunk of hit.

Tatt
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
He is an enchanter/miner Ebs :p

And go get the 4 stats to rings done on your rings, 16 AP and like .25 crit right there for you.

Chosenx
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah I had a feeling you'd say that lol. What about badge purchases - what should be next?

Tatt
08-06-2008, 05:55 PM
MH fist or angelista's revenge are probably the 2 best dps badge purchases you can make.