PDA

View Full Version : Where to go after 2.4 Badge Gear

Syuivil
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Armory Here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Syuivil)I'm currently 24 Badges away from Girdle of the Fearless, and that will mean that I have all of the 2.4 Badge Tanking Gear. My guild is starting Gruuls and Mag and SSC Trash. Im wondering what my next upgrade after girdle is, Upgrade to Blazefury for the added threat? or start looking into Epic Gems. Any Imput would be very appreciated.

(Before I get "OMG NUB WHY DIDNT YOU GET GoF FIRST?!?!!?! It's because I hadn't found Tankspot yet, and didn't know how important hit was.)

loquatious
08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
With T4 + Badge gear you are set to start MH/BT

I bought DPS gear with extra badges. If you have T5 shoulders I'd buy 15 stam gems for them.

Way down the road you may need the 100 badges for the FR set

Shortypop
08-06-2008, 06:45 AM
If you don't already have it brooch of deftness is a good buy for threat and also as part of a dps set. Depending on all sorts of things dps gear might be a good place to go, the weapons are awesome and looking down the road at leveling from 70+ decent solo damage is sure to be helpful :)

As far as epic gems, that depends a bit on which slots you aren't going to replace any time soon.

Gyro balanced khorium destroyer would be an option for a new ranged, which will give you more stamina than your current one.

Arrivan
08-06-2008, 06:51 AM
You're still missing some badge gear that you could get. Ring of the Stalwart Protector, Brooch of Deftness, Bonefist Gauntlets would all be upgrades to what you have. You could also craft Red Havoc Boots if you can get your hands on the plans. If you can 1. get Lurker down and 2. get lucky you could snag a Mallet of the Tides to replace your weapon (though that would be a future plan for now I guess). Once you have those you could use your badges for DPS gear or epic gems as others have said.

However, your gear is in quite good shape for where you're at. You're more than ready for the raids you're doing.

Edit again: I see Vene reading this thread, I'm going to hazard a guess that you'll get pointed to what he's written on TankingTips about the badge gear. It's a good read and well worth checking out.

Ukk
08-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Consider the badge fists, if you don't have them already. Then the neck. EDIT- doh! forgot the ring! (thanks arrivan)

You should now be doing Magister's Terrace for the SSO rep and the trinkets off Delrissa. Do the dailies every day as well for the SSO shield and neck. The neck will serve you well until you get the badge neck.

Syuivil
08-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I just downed nightbane for the first time tonight, and I have SSC on Saturday, Ive been looking for the boots forever. Gruul on Sunday, hopefully i can get the T4 Shoulders. From What I've been told I need to stop stacking dodge, and start working to get higher block, whats the truth to this and where can I start looking

Tenraiel
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Please don't start stacking block because someone told you to. 0_0 ... Dodge is a good stat. Quick rule of thumb, if you don't know why to gear for non-EH stats, gearing for EH is your safest and most effective route to success.