PDA

View Full Version : Stam gems or Avoidance gems for me?

redrum657
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Well i was reading up on archimonde and i noticed he needs pretty high avoidance. I looked mine up and its hitting the low side which you see in my armory. I have some threat gear on just because some of my guilds dps likes to pack a punch so im stuck wearing threat gear. Then i noticed my EH is extremely high past sunwell even. Does this just mean i have too much EH? The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Jord). Im thinking of getting the moroes trinket just in case of those avoidance fights and swapping trinkets when appropriate. Should i change my gems at all?

Or is it just my gear being undergeared (we skipped TK and SSC and went straight for hyjal and BT) If i wait it out long enough and get BT and Hyjal gear my avoidance will even out to being on par with my EH? (this is what im assuming is wrong)

Inaara
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Your gear is fine for tanking Archimonde. 2 excellent upgrades for your current gear would be the chest and helm from ZA. Don't worry about threat for that fight as it should never be an issue with the DPS having to reposition away from the fires. Concentrate on your rotation, TC and Demo if you dont have a fury warrior and above all else, DO NOT GET FEARED.

I'm impressed that your guild has gotten to Archimonde without doing SSC/TK. Keep up the good work and good luck on your first kill.

redrum657
08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
The chest from ZA? The chest from Zul'jin? That lowers my avoidance really badly and does give me more health and with that chest ide be hit capped so i think its a little too far for that chest. The helm is a great upgrade if it would just drop. I need the sword from anetheron but the same stuff drops from him like the shield dropped 8 times and weve killed him 16 times.

Inaara
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah I waited forever for the same sword and then got two in a row. I personally prefer the extra Stam that Chestguard of the Warlord offers over the extra mitigation of Chestplate of Stoicism, that chest wasn't available at the time we killed him and I used Panzar'Thar Breastplate until we killed Illidan lol. Kael'thas and Zul'jin plotted against me to never drop their chest pieces...

redrum657
08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
So im right about my avoidance being increased with hyjal and BT gear. Or should i srsly regem. Im waiting for Shadowmoon Insignia to drop that would be great for my avoidance. Oh so i just found out that we will be doing Gorefiend next week and i hear he is a tough hitter so am i geared for him as well?

Celandro
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
We just killed archi for the 2nd time (and should kill him #3 on thursday). See my current armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Celandro) for my gear. Avoidance tanking definitely will make him easier.

You have some pretty easy upgrades available to make tanking archi and bloodboil (your next 2 hard targets) much easier. Both of them are not dps races at all and threat is not an issue (you should still be generating 700-800TPS even in full avoidance gear)
Various options:
Get the badge legs (gem dodge, stam) +21 defense, +48 dodge rating +138 armor -25 stam +expertise -block.
Get moroes trinket -51 stam + 38 dodge rating + activatable dodge
Get badge cloak +228armor -8 stam -5 dodge +16 defense -25 hit rating (put agility on the +hit cloak while you are at it for more threat)
Change your helm meta gem to the new defense block value gem -18stam +12 def +10% block value
Drop Mining for engineering or jewelcrafting (helmet or couple unique gems + empyrian tortoise)
Gem and enchant onslaught gloves for avoidance (15agi and 10 dodge gem, use gauntlets of enforcement when you get them for threat)
Switch gems in chest, ranged, shield, belt to +10 dodge or +10 defense: -48 stam, +30 dodge +10 defense

44% avoidance and no activatable trinket unbuffed is pretty low for the fight. Will make living through soul charges/bad doomfires much more difficult, and Bloodboil even more so. Getting to the 65% would be a good target. That's probably not obtainable with your current gear but the upgrades above are definitely things to look at. Badge legs + activatable avoidance trinket + regem/enchant onslaught gloves would be my minimum recommendation for quick upgrades.

Also make sure imp demo shout, imp tclap and serpent sting are up on him at all times.

Good luck!

PS. Gorefiend is a threat fight. Your only real threat of death is parry spikes (and associated crushing blows). Loading up on expertise is a good way to go for him. Bloodboil as mentioned though, you are definitely under avoidanced (if that were a word) for

redrum657
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Anyhow i had 51% not 44% you must be mixed up with something. Anyhow now i have new Boots. The myrmidon ones. This makes me hit capped at 9.26% extra chance to hit. Also it puts me at 18k health unbuffed. Lastly it increases my armor, and avoidance. It is now 52.7% avoidance without block of course.

Celandro
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I forgot to add 5% base miss I think. 51% or 52.7% is still low for those fights. Not impossible but 65% unbuffed is still a good target for your avoidance set.

You dont need any +hit OR expertise for these 2 fights.