PDA

View Full Version : Brutallus Questions

Padinnis
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Our guild has been working on Brutallus for 4 nights, our lowest percentage was 14%. We have seen multipule enrages, 7-10. Our top end dps is pulling around 2200 dps which I know is standard for this fight and that most likely our kill will come when our low end dps can come out of the 1500's. Anyhow, my question is two parts, one; MT group make ups? What do most guilds who have killed Brutallus put with the MT? I find myself with a resto shaman (goa), bear druid, prot pally (don't ask), resto druid, and myself. My threat is not what I would like it to be because of gear, sitting around 17 exp, 28 dodge, 22 parry, 25 block rating, 478 BV, 513 def, 62 hit, 18k HP and 19.5k, unbuffed. Using agi and armor potions and chain drinking ironshield. I am hitting my threat rotation, but it just seems I am not getting the threat I want. Avg 11-1200 tps...but that is what omen says, so who knows. Any ideas?

What are most guilds group make ups for this fight?

Inaara
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
This is what my guild runs with, 2 successful kills in as many weeks of attempts.

Group 1
Warrior - Prot
Shaman - Resto
Druid - Resto (Burn Healer)
Priest - Holy (Burn Healer)
Paladin - Ret

Group 2
Feral Druid (Tank)
Hunter - BM
Hunter - Survival
Hunter - BM
Shaman - Resto

Group 3
Paladin - Holy
Paladin - Holy
Shaman - Resto
Priest - Holy
Priest Shadow

Group 4
Priest - Shadow
Warlock
Warlock
Mage
Mage

Group 5
Feral Druid - DPS
Rogue
Rogue
Shaman - Enhancement
Warrior - Fury

Group composition changed slightly between the two kills but we basically have groups 2 and 3 for soak group and 1 and 4 for the second. Burn healers are by the tree which is also our burn spot. Groups will be uneven with the burn healers taken out so you compensate by shifting other members from 2 or 3. The key is using your heroisms efficiently. We switch the shaman in the hunter group with a mage and pop heroism for that group and group 5. After they run out we switch the remaining 2 heroisms to the same groups for a continued boost in DPS.

Hitting the enrage timer isnt a wipe but the pally tanks need to be prepared to bubble and taunt which will give you precious seconds. On our second kill our DPS was lower than the first but using the pallies took us beyond 30 seconds after the enrage. Just remember that they have to taunt so that brutallus is facing away from all three groups because his meteor slash will still kill everyone.