PDA

View Full Version : Advice for increasing DPS...

Tanknif
08-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Here is my Armory link - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Tanknif)

I have become pretty good at getting the Slam Rotation down, and I can consistantly put out 700 to 800 dps. Admittedly, more times than none its closer to the 700 without WF. Given my current gear, are there minor changes I could make to my spec to up my DPS? I really would like to consistantly hit the 900s and even break the 1000 DPS mark if possible, but I may not be able to give my current gear. Until recently I was Poleaxe Spec, using the Polearm from Mag. Our guild has progressed to Lurker and Hyrdoss, and very close to getting Leo down. So if there are gear upgrades I could consider, I would appreicate that advice as well. I am 4 primal fire away from getting the Red Belt of Battle crafted. As far as consumables, I have been favoring Agility exilirs and food since the respec to swords, as I wanted to keep my crit in the 35 to 40% raid buffed.

Tanknif
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I fixed the armory link, I believe i had it screwed up.

Ukk
08-06-2008, 07:00 AM
Well, I am not a dps warr, but I think Executioner would be better for your weapon for dps? ArP is better the more you have, so it would boost the value of the ArP on your wrist, ring, and legs.

If you really need mongoose for the increased crit on proc for purposes of blood frenzy, I can see keeping the weapon 'goosed.

Armageddn
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I'd say
1.you replace the Mongoose on your wepon with Executioner and if you are worried about the crit try using Hourglass of the Unraveller
2.Try to get Brutal Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece
3.when you down Leo try to pick up the Tsunami Talisman

gazhkull
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
You have excellent gear, pretty much my ideal setup given the level of progression. I would be tempted to replace the Ring of a Thousand Marks with Angelista's Revenge which has a nice chunk of armor ignore for 60 Badges, and see if I could make up the lost hit rating elsewhere.

Tanknif
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
In an effort to maximize my role in our Static ZA raid team, I've respec'd to 21/40/0. The increase to my personal DPS should more than make up for the loss of blood frenzy in a 10 man instance with only a couple of physical dpser.

I'll see how it goes.

Tatt
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
If you are going solely for individual dps than go fury 17/44/0. It will outperform a 2hand fury build (I guess thatis what you are trying to do) if you are only concerned with individual dps (which without bloodfrenzy that is all you are doing). rage and fury both drop there if you do not have good dual wielding weapons yet.

Tanknif
08-13-2008, 05:41 AM
I was trying to remain a 2hander and do as much dps with it is I could since I didn't want to do any re-geming to adjust for DW, as I would think that I would need more +hit.

I do have both the Rage and Fury in my backpack. Is it possible to put up decent DPS numbers if I were to respec 17/44, and DW the rage and Fury, assuming I get them Enchanted with Executioner and Mongoose, given my current Hit Rating, which is 8% + 3% from Precision, plus another 1.27% from using the Fury weapon?

I would be willing to give it a try, but I would very much like to keep my current gems in place to aid in me being able to Respec into BF for 25 man progression content as I am the only progression geared DPS warrior in our guild.

Also, I seriously appreciate all the feedback here.