PDA

View Full Version : Is my gear ok?

JonnyM5
08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Followed a guid before on gear and this is my first lvl70,also nobody in my guild has really played a tank at high level so I'm taking all the advice i can get.

Currently sitting ok i think, got the Aldor chestpiece on the list,aswell as the keepers of time legs + head enchant. Is the S2 shield worth keeping over the SSO shield?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&n=Badcatjonny)

madocks
08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
wot content do you want to tank?

your probably kitted to begin doing some of the entry level heroics atm, but u really need to get above 490 def asap

Shortypop
08-05-2008, 01:33 AM
You're uncrittable in that combination of defense and resilience, and thats with a riding crop equipped! So with an understanding group you'll be fine for pretty much all heroics, although the group will need some patience - start with the easier ones and take some cc :)

As you say KoT legs would be a nice upgrade, there's also a blue belt from the very end of the break into the arcatraz quest chain, which is worth working through. Cloak from steamvaults or from black morass and some better trinkets would be worth keeping an eye out for.

JonnyM5
08-05-2008, 04:05 AM
I have dabri's libram from the netherstorm quest,i always wanted the 30 def trinket from the second boss of SL. I'm on the last part for the belt from the arcatraz quest but i will lose some def and gain more avoidance. I really need something to replace zandalarian hero badge(i.e the adamantine figurine) and with everything should be just under 500def. At that level should i start looking out for more block,parry and dodge?

Also is my spec ideal for tanking low level raids? Myself as main tank we took out curator,shade of aran(in dps gear) and chess event so i don't know how good a tank i am. We tried prince but a thick as hell hunter and pala hit him before i even had two sunders on and wiped.

Ceravantes
08-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Armory wasn't working so I couldn't check, but short gave some sound advice. A couple thoughts on my end, the KoT enchant is sub-par compared tot he ZG head enchant, it is pretty simple to solo 3 or 4 piles for warrior dolls as a prot warrior, and Mandokir can be killed with you and a healer (will jsut take a really long time). If you have the time I would shoot for that. Save up warrior dolls and idols as well, good to have enchants ready for your next helm upgrade.

ebs2002
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Regarding your shield, have them both on hand. The S2 shield is much better than the SSO shield for most bosses, but sometimes you'll want the extra +hit and dodge from the SSO shield. But for the most part, I'd just keep the S2 shield equipped

JonnyM5
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Thats me just hit 490 def when i got the cape from a quest in netherstorm. I really need to get my dodge over 15% though! Can i MT the full of kara yet?

mero12513
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Thats me just hit 490 def when i got the cape from a quest in netherstorm. I really need to get my dodge over 15% though! Can i MT the full of kara yet?

I would say you could probably MT most if not all of Kara, but it will be hard. Make sure you take geared healers, and preferably people who understand fully that you do not outgear Kara, and they need to be patient.

JonnyM5
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Another slight update now that i got KoT revered. I decided to socket a defense gem in as i will lose some when i get my new belt, i fired in a dodge + stam to bring my dodge closer to 15% and just one 12 stam gem as the legs come with loads of stamina anyway. Put the head enchant on which was a lovely boost to dodge and defense.

A pala friend was moaning as i stacked a +12 stam on my shoulders over the +6 strength(+3 str bonus) which amounted to a 3hp reduction in my BV...

mero12513
08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Stam > strength always......until LK anyway.

JonnyM5
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
update