PDA

View Full Version : Constructively Criticize Me! :)

Therotos
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Hello all, this is my first post on the site, but I have been reading a lot of the information found throughout the site.

Basically what I'm looking for here are tips I can do to improve my gear and/or spec to make me a stronger asset to my guild's raids. Currently I've just been doing karazhan every week and grinding heroic badges when I can. I'm hoping for some ways to quickly improve my gear so that I may be able to move on to bigger and better things. Suggestions of where I am able to tank gear-wise, for instance Heroic Magister's Terrace, Heroic Shattered Halls and any of the larger raid instances.

Here is my armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Therotos)

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

fastidius
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
keep doing kara, you have still got ring,belt,boots and neck to replace in there

madocks
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Those bracers wont be getting upgraded in a long time - enchant them

Same goes for ya sword

Your under 490 defence, you have the rep for the helm enchant - spent the gold, this will push u above 490 def.

In your current kit you should be able to tank any heroic in the game once youve hit that 490 cap. If you want to try MGT take 3 forms of cc to reduce your dmg intake significantly.

mero12513
08-05-2008, 06:18 AM
To add to what fastidius said, netherspite's shoulders in Kara would be good to grab too. I'm wearing the exact same ones you are right now and they are the bane of my existence. I'd also go ahead and put mongoose on your KD if you have the money for it, you'll be using it for a long time I think.

dlongest
08-05-2008, 07:31 AM
In your current kit you should be able to tank any heroic in the game once youve hit that 490 cap.

You can't just look for "490 zomg." He's uncritical against mobs up to level 73 (raid bosses) as he currently stands. This is because he has surpassed the needed 5.6% crit removal via his defense (484 removes 5.36%) and resilience (31 resil removes 0.79%) combined. If he got his defense to 485, he would be uncrittable against level 72 and under without even having to factor in resilience.

To the OP: You can tank all heroics now, gearwise. Group composition and individual skill will account for a lot in the harder ones (Shattered, Slabs, MgT). Your defense numbers are decent (parry/dodge/block, your HP and armor are good. I would consider the following:

- Grind out SSO rep and buy the tanking neckpiece and the shield. Keep the S2 shield for EH, but the SSO is so multi-faceted, it's ridiculous not to have it.
- Get the KoT helm glyph, as was suggested already
- Get some new rings. If you're getting in Kara, no reason you shouldn't have at least the friendly VE rep ring.
- Replace your boots. Your choices are pretty much Battlescar (Chess), Boots of Elusion (Kara random drop), or probably Eaglecrest (Heroic BF).

I think 5/5 Cruelty is worth a ton of threat. I would drop the points from Imp Shield Bash, I'd cut Imp Bloodrage to 1 pt, I'd cut the point from Imp Def Stance. At this point, you can either run 4/5 Cruelty (still better than 0/5) or I would cut either Anger Management or a point from Imp Taunt. I used to run 11/5/45 and liked it. I started outgearing heroics and being rage starved. I decided to add AM and drop a point out of Taunt. This is anecdotal, but I still felt the same rage issues as ever.

Daniel

Brucimus
08-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I like Imp Bash and Imp Blood Rage for Heroics....I would get everything enchanted as first priority

ebs2002
08-05-2008, 09:13 AM
You could use a little work on your hair, and honestly, green looks much better on you than blue.

.... what? You asked me to constructively criticize you, right? :-p

Seriously, though, I'd suggest re-evaluating your enchants. 10sta armor kits are weak; there are much better alternatives available. You can make up the loss of that stamina and more if you get 12sta on your boots and bracer, 40 or 50sta on your leg with the Clefthide leg kits, and 150health on your chest (although personally, I'd go with 15defense on your chest). That will free up the ability to get 240armor or 2% threat on your gloves, 16def17dodge on your hat, 15dodge/10def (or 10dodge/15def depending on scryer/aldor) on your shoulders, and keep your stamina high.