PDA

View Full Version : is it just me...

Doc309
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
is it just me, or are a LOT of guilds exploding imploding about now...
maybe its summer
maybe its WotLK

idk

Tatt
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Its not just you, between Age of Conan, summer vacation, and the expansion on the horizon players are doing one of three things: Taking the summer off or playing very lightly, ditching their normal guilds for the slightest chance of seeing more progression before the xpac hits, or leveling alts in anticipation of the xpac.

Armstrong
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah that seems to be a pretty "standard" thing during the summer. It hit us hard last year.

Between agressive recruitment, morale building and probably a bit of luck, we did pretty well this time around, clearing through the second half of BT while many equally sucessful guilds on our servers were calling raids or simply quit raiding or disbanded. I suspect that our 3-night schedule may have had something to do with it too.

Ceravantes
08-05-2008, 06:17 AM
In the end most "hardcore" guilds are the oens that suffer most here, where as steadily progressing 3ish raids a week guilds will usually maintain thier member base, provided the guild is run well to start with.

rascalion
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Oddly enough, my guild has benefited greatly from this summer. We've managed to pick up quite a few solid people that should allow us to get some more progression in before WotLK.

Tatt
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah we have kept pretty strong and we are a 3 night a week raid, makes sense.

veneretio
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
When more and more expansion news comes out there's always that sudden reflection period for everyone where they start asking themselves if they've gotten out of the game what they wanted to get out of it. This affects under-performing Hardcore guilds the most.