PDA

View Full Version : TankSpot Celebrates One Year

Ciderhelm
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks to our authors, our donors, and our visitors, TankSpot has become one of the very best resources for information in World of Warcraft. We house a comprehensive library of tank information, as well as information on other relevant specs. We've had a direct impact on the testing process for World of Warcraft itself, bringing about a series of fixes to Devastate that would likely have been overlooked. TankSpot and the communities we host reach tens of thousands of visitors daily.

We've accomplished our fundamental goal: to create a place where brand new players and bleeding-edge raiders both benefit. We have a culture of ideas. We have a culture of free thought that just happens to be free of charge.

As we go into this next year, I'd ask that you, the visitor, consider what you've learned here and take a moment to make a contribution. Improve our community by registering and bringing up a discussion or engaging in a debate. Help others by authoring a guide. If possible, make a monetary donation, and join the others who've made this free resource available to the greater community.

It means a lot to have been a part of this. I believe our next year will bring an even larger community to bear with the release of Wrath of the Lich King. Through this time, we will make every effort to keep this site in the spirit it was intended for. We will also be working on improving our servers to accommodate our growth and potential.

Thanks,
Patrick O'Callahan "Ciderhelm"

Pasucon
08-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Happy B'day, Tankspot! I probably would not still be playing WoW had I not come across this site, and would have missed out on meeting a lot of great people to boot. Here's best wishes for the coming year!

Squeegiemama
08-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Patrick,

Great job on the site. It's been a honour to participate in a great community like this one.

Cheers,

Andrew

veneretio
08-03-2008, 01:55 AM
/salute!

Alent
08-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Happy Bloopday, tankspot.

Shortypop
08-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Happy Birthday to TankSpot and a huge thanks (and a slice of birthday cake) to Cider for having the presence of mind, inspiration and enthusiasm to have made a site that so many of us call "home" now.

/biggnomehug and /biggnomecheer
Shorty

Leytur
08-03-2008, 03:16 AM
This site is great. Not only does it train the tanking community to be at least very least competent tanks, but the PEOPLE here will help you with ANYTHING. This includes other classes and aspects of the game outside of tanking. If I have a question about anything to do with the game I come here. Period.

I think the best thing Cider has done for this site is to make it feel less like a "bulletin board" or plain ole forum, but more like a honest to goodness website. I'm not even sure how he's done it, but just visiting the front page has a different feel compared to the other wow class sites.

Ityaadi
08-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Great Work here Cider. Had not it been for Tankspot I might have given up tanking already.
All the great guides and tips from all of you out there really has helped me understand tanking better
& perform even better than how I used to do it earlier (noob).

Good Luck for years to come ahead.

/slaute

Aughban
08-03-2008, 03:34 AM
gratz tankspot :)

Khayra
08-03-2008, 04:04 AM
/cheer to TankSpot, where the tanking gnome feels at home. :p

dotOrion
08-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Happy birthday ^_^

Brucimus
08-03-2008, 05:15 AM
I can't believe it has been a year? A year ago I was a strength stacking Kara noob tank trying to find a way past Nightbane. My raid leader was like....Why can't you tank Nightbane? " C'mon stancedance noob!" So I came here for an answer. And I got it! Somebody posted a macro that helped me and the next week we one shotted that bitch and Shield of Impenetrable Darkness dropped

Interesting enough looks like I will be stacking strength again in the expansion ...hah funny how the game changes.

Thanks everyone

Bruci

Joeker
08-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Happy Bday

Lilie
08-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Happy Birthday TankSpot! Great work, Cider. One year and counting!

Odess
08-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Congrats

Ukyo
08-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Congrats Tankspot, the other place i call home <3

Ceravantes
08-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Still about 2 weeks out from my birthday here at tankspot.....but its close enough to the start to consider myself here from the beginning.

I have to say through all the years I have been involved in mmo communities (about 12 years) this is by far the best I have been apart of. The knowledge that can be gained here is tremendous, but the community is what really makes it special.

The fact that anyone can come here and ask any question....no matter how many times its been answered before and still get a respectful and helpful answer shows wonders about the character and integrity of those people involved here.

While I can't claim to have been responsible for much of the information here, I like to think I have in some way helped this community grow, whether it was from monetary or commentary contributions is in my mind irrelevant the fact that I have made any contribution is what is important to me.

I have been somewhat absent the past 2 or 3 months, some of you may have noticed and you the rest might not have, regardless I plan on returning and offering the same advice and criticism I have in the past. I look forward to the years and games to come here at tankspot.

The last thing i would like to say is a big thank you to Ciderhelm for all the work, money, time, and the late nihts you went without sleep to get this site where it is today, and I would again like to reiterate something i have told you a number of times before. If there is anything i can do, and it is within my power, you need but ask and it will be done.

Horacio
08-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Glad to have been around to see the growth and evolution of Tankspot and looking forward to the future.

mero12513
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Patrick, you do a great thing here. Every one of us is better for it. Thank you and happy birthday TS!

TomHuxley
08-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Major kudos to running a fantastic site. At the time I was hiting 70 with my warrior (Feb/March) our formerlly tankless guild was merging with another guild that had a well-equipped tank; with a mage "main" at he time I may have just given up or changed spec without the knowledge available here. Instead I was OTing Kara the week I hit 70 (thanks Polar) and knew which pieces to persue (thanks Berg) and had a decent grasp of how to generat agro, which stats to stack, etc, thanks to al of the wonderful information here.

I can honestly say TS made me the tank I am today, and I "tank" you for it. :D

Stormscythe
08-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Happy Birthday, Tankspot. And thankyou Cider for all of the time you've devoted to helping others tank. Fortifications was the first tanking guide I read, sometime between tanking Deadmines and Wailing Caverns :) and your work remains some of the best-written and well-researched on the interwebz.

Cheers!

Arrivan
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
ding!

grats!

Wow, it's been that long already? Obviously I haven't been here the whole year but since I registered Tankspot has been the best WoW forum community I've had the pleasure of being a part of. Keep up the great work!

khelben
08-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Grats to the Site, Cider and grats to everyone working together to make all of us a better tanking community. :)

Temig
08-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Gratz on 2!

Kazeyonoma
08-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Wow, all the oldies are coming out to play. What, no love for Satrina?

Gratz guys, and thanks Cider for everything. You already know how much of a home everyone considers this site. Where would I be during the long hours of work without Tankspot and Shoutbox. Here's to 1 year and many more Patrick and Sat!!

Narshe
08-04-2008, 02:40 AM
This place tt's so warm and nice.....

^_^

Gtz for the birthday
And
Thanks to everyone for those who have made us better tanks now.

Armageddn
08-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Gz Tankspot,
Really each time i visit this site i am amazed by how much more you guys know about tanking than i do. It's really cool that almost every time i log on to the site i learn something new :)

Thank you all for making me a better tank

Fubar
08-04-2008, 07:56 AM
grats Cider, thanks for having the vision to do this, this site is amazing.

proud sponsor,
Fubs

Sascaroth
08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Happy bday TS! and thanks for all the help you have given me in my way to becoming a decent tank.

Ciderhelm
08-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Had to move this to General Discussion because date ordering was displacing the new news article! :p I'll move it back once a newer article is posted.

Nicki
08-05-2008, 02:27 AM
grats =)

Ciderhelm
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Moved this back until our next news posting!

Stograth
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
/salute
Happy Bday Tankspot, and thank you to Cider and all the other amazingly knowledgable people on here for makin this site what it is. Heres to more birthdays to come, SLAINTE!

Dorvan
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Although I'm not a regular reader or contributor, I've seen the impact you guys have had and I have a great deal of respect for all you've accomplished here. Congratulations on a great year of Tank theorycraft, training, and discussion, may it continue long into the future!

All the best from the Maintankadin community,

Dorvan