PDA

View Full Version : Advice on taking down resto druids

velouriam
08-02-2008, 11:18 PM
My 2v2 partner is a holy paladin. We do really well until we get up into the 1650's then we will face nothing but a team with a good resto druid on it and lose lose lose. Ive seen alot of talk in here on how to be a good war/dru team but i need to know how to beat a team with a good resto druid. Any time i try to down the druid i will get cc'd so much that my attacks are worthless and no matter how close to death i get him some cc will prevent me from finishing him off. if we try to out dps the heals i still get cc'd and my target gets healed.
since i play with a holy pally i realize i am responsible for doing all the dps and with the exception of the occasional hammer of justice, we have no cc.
Any advice or tips on how my combination of team can beat a good resto druid?

Kazeyonoma
08-03-2008, 01:26 AM
It'll be tough but your warrior has to wear more pve gear to put out maximum damage.

other than that, what you can do is make sure you two time your stuns, keep freedom on whoever they are gonna try to cc, and help burn down the druid fast, get the warrior to intercept the druid when he's out of bear form, then you stun, keep judgement of justice up on the druid so he can't run, and just destroy the druid as hard as you can, if you do that, you win.

Zaitochi
08-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah thats pretty tough combo for me to play against I used to play Ret pally/war vs war/druid a tough combo but doable if you can keep judgement of justice up while the warrior helps out with hamstring once in a while. I'm thinking the idea here is to keep the druid moving and wasting his mana to heal himself/switch forms.

Irellman
08-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Sunder
sunder
sunder
sunder
sunder

With 5 sunders on him you want to stun him in normal form (or travel form hehe) using intercept then hammer of justice. You should be able to mash him up with that.

Ukyo
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Dunno if anyone said anything similar to what i'm about to, but i usually like to start getting some rage up by just keeping the target with hamstring and start using sunders if they're too tough (Warlock, Warrior, etc) and when the druid pops switch inmediatly to it and blow all my rage on him then you can blow him up if you time right all your tools.

And if you're mace spec, you should get a SH and switch midgame and use up all its stuns then switch to your normal weapon (Thank god you can do that in Arena <3) in case he keeps running away from you.