PDA

View Full Version : Threat on Zul'jin....is low

thedrawrf
08-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I'll keep it short: we did Zul'jin to death last night. He is simple as hell to tank and impossible for the dps to understand. Wait na that's just in my guild :P

On to business. I noticed that while tanking his normal form my threat was just flippin low. Like 500-700, while heroic striking as I could. I checked the log, not too many dodges/parrys (almost none) and few misses (not to many there either). I kept to my rotation fairly consistently, but even when I was soaked in rage and spammin HS I was struggling to keep close to 1k. This is with 520 SBV and 25 expertise.

A) is this actually ok due to the mechanics of the fight? Discounting the bird phase, and the lynx to a degree

B) Could it be that the latest version of Omen is more acurate? I just
downloaded the latest version.

I talked to a hunter that I know and trust about my threat, he says it's normally difficult for him to even reach me. :P Feelin a little lost here.

thedrawrf
08-07-2008, 06:51 AM
ok, well, bump

jlafleur
08-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Zul'Jin is not a good fight to examine your overall TPS due to the different phases. If you had a WWS, we might be able to make more specific recommendations. Your TPS only has to be good enough to hold threat ---extra threat doesn't do anything. Were people pulling aggro or were people threat-capped? If not, then spending more time mitigating/reducing/eliminating damage is a good idea even if takes away from your threat (demo shout, TC, intervening during lynx, staying out of the way on the eagle phase). Honestly, I don't even bother looking at Omen if I know I'm doing my job properly --- its there for DPS to look at. I only run it so they know where I am which is usually way ahead.

thedrawrf
08-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Honestly, I don't even bother looking at Omen if I know I'm doing my job properly --- its there for DPS to look at. I only run it so they know where I am which is usually way ahead.

I think im going to look at it that way in the future :) thanks man

Shadevarr
08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
My threat does the same thing and it is still acceptable due to salv being on the DPS (I abhor threat capping).