PDA

View Full Version : Lord Sanguinar

Donjuan
08-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi gonna be doing kael tonight with guild, and I have a question about lord sanguinar, as i know he does fear making me the ideal guy to tank him . However I usually find it impossible to stance dance a fear unless i see some kind of fear cast bar, as berserker rage doesn't last very long so if you do to early its on CD. I have read that lord sanguinar does aoe fear , aoe fear is usually instant cast , so how am i to stance dance an instant fear? I need help on this please.

I found the same issue on arhcimnonde he does instant fear too, how does one stance dance something thats instant? I know on Archie at least we get a dbm warning saying fear soon, but the fear can take upwards of 30 secs after that warning which means if i stance dance as soon as i see the warning i have a Chance to get feared anyway.

I digress, i guess i will get fear ward anyway, but I wanna be pro and be able to this kind of stuff without fear ward, and i know plenty of warriors have this skill and know how its done, usually warriors who tanked pre bc. so any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Khayra
08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Lord Sanguinar's fear has a 2 sec cast time. Archimonde's fear has a 1 sec cast time.
Just watch the cast bar, you should be able to stance dance.

Armstrong
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Lord Sanguinar's Bellowing Roar (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=39427)
Archimonde's Fear (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31970)

Dragon fears pre-BC were also 1.5 sec, and so was Nightbane's until they nerfed it to 2.5 sec cast.

You simply need to keep a close eye on the enemy's cast bar and hit Berzerker Stance (or a macro if you prefer that) before the fear goes off. Once you're in Berzerker Stance, you can break the fear with Berzerker Rage even if the fear has already hit you. So really the most important part is to switch stances in time.

Having your stances (or macro) bound to keyboard keys near your movement keys will help a lot. Clicking a button on screen with your mouse probably won't cut it. At the very least you won't be able to hit other abilities while you wait for the fear to cast with your mouse pointer over the Berzerker Stance button.

Lastly, it may help for you to get a cast bar addon that allows you to move and resize the cast bar on your screen. I find Quartz to be particularly good, but there's many others out there.

Hope this helps.

Grock
08-03-2008, 12:13 AM
iirc sanguinar's 1st fear when he pops & repops is kinda instant. no cast bar.

either you pre pop berserker rage , risky as his fear is timed randomly and will sometimes outlast the rage.
or you pick him up in berserker stance, pop br when needed, back to def stance for the mad tps

myself I just /w reika FW plz ^^

Narshe
08-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I usually ask for a Fear ward for the first fear, the rest are done by my macro, bound to my middle mouse button.

Shortypop
08-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I've yet to kill Kael, but what I found works nicely is to stand in the designated corner and get a hunter to misd, what seems to happen is the hunter gets a shot or two of, by which time he's in melee range and fears - the hunter goes running :) He then runs over to me, and I only need one fear ward to eat the one fear before he dies.

This is obviously in P1 and I'm sure stance-dancing will be needed in P3 but it works for P1 :)

Kavel
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I was the Sanguinar tank for our guild's Kael learnings and most of the kills. I echo that you should be able to dance it, but I'll tell you how I ultimately ended up doing it - I'd just zerker rage whenever his cooldown was up. He always casts the fear within a few seconds of it being available, and zerker rage is a full 10 seconds of fear immunity - I'd say just do it as soon as your bossmod shows his CD is up and eliminate an opportunity to screw teh pooch.