PDA

View Full Version : Low hit rating?

Oxso
08-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Hi,

Im applying for a few guilds at the moment, looking for some T4-T5 content.

With the avalibility of badge weapons these days im worried my hit rating may be a tad low. and may be prone to losing agro early in the fight.

Has anybody got any advice on how i could up this at all,without a serious dip in avoidance and EH, I dont have access to 25 content due to being guildless.

I have a few bits and bobs i can switch in and out, but i think i'm logged out in my strongest all round gear.

thanks in advance Ox.

Armoury link : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Oxso)

Turmoil
08-01-2008, 04:47 AM
There are a few bits of badge kit that would up your hit rating, notably:
Bonefist Gauntlets (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33517) if you can afford to lose the defense from your T4, and Brooch of Deftness (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33296) which is much of a muchness with the SSO neck, BUT has a bit more of expertise & hit, and removes the often irritating 100 dodge rating aldor proc from the mix.

If you really want more hit rating, you could consider slapping a 10 hit gem in your gun. Just a crazy thought.

Oxso
08-01-2008, 05:03 AM
yeh looks as if my armoury has'nt updated, have stuck hit gems in both my gun and helm,

Currently sitting on 82 hit rating, might have to look into getting the badge neck next i think.

thanks for the advice :)

Kamani
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Threat stats are a tool to help you when your DPSers start putting out alot of TPS.

If you are doing T4-T5 content then your DPSers are putting out an absolute max of 700-800 TPS. You should be able to put out that much in full survival gear. If not, then the problem is your rotation, not your hit.

ebs2002
08-01-2008, 11:27 AM
82 hit rating is plenty until T6, when you may want to start considering more hit.

Oxso
08-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeh i always thought hit rating will come with gear, but on applying to guilds ive been told it's maybe a tad low. never had threat issues so far, but only raided as far a gruuls on this fella.

thanks for the replies guys :)

Tatt
08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I would try to get my hands on Jungle Stompers or red boots of havoc if you are a BS (forgot to look) the BV will help your threat, other than that if you are not expertise capped (I am not a tank so I do not know the number) there is a nice expertise ring that drops in heroic magister's that ha a chunk of expertise on it to replace the shermanaar one, it also has lots of armor and stam. Just ideas, I think your gear looks pretty good for starting T5 personally, when I was tanking T5 I used S2 shield, does not have the hit but has like 1000 more armor and more stam, helps for the heavy hitters.

Andenthal
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeh i always thought hit rating will come with gear, but on applying to guilds ive been told it's maybe a tad low. never had threat issues so far, but only raided as far a gruuls on this fella.

thanks for the replies guys :)

Just going to assume here because I obvoiusly don't know the whole story. Depending on who in the guild reviews your application, their suggestions/comments may mean absolute jack.

Rogues need as much hit as they can get until they reach the hard cap (29% or something???). Damage casters need something like +17% hit to be capped. So a Rogue or Mage saying you need more hit may or may not mean anything, depending on their understanding of Sword+Board mechanics.

I had a situation like this when I applied to a guild that used a Druid as their Main tank. When applying to the guild, a Holy Priest officer responded back that I did not have enough Dodge, and that I should really push to improve that. I think was just barely clearing Karazhan so had ~20% Dodge.

The Priest only had 1 point of reference - the Druid - which had a totally different tanking mechanic than Warriors do.

As others have said - if you can keep aggro on the mob, you don't need more hit. Keeping high threat is the important part. If you can pump out 1200 TPS with 0 hit rating, more power to you. Hit rating is a means to an end, not the end goal.

thedrawrf
08-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I run with 13 hit rating. 13. I haven't lost aggro on a boss yet, through (almost) all of t5. I have asked my dps if they have to hold back, if I am capping them, many times, and I have never heard "yes". They aren't undergeared, either. Expertise I like, hit, I don't.

Oxso
08-02-2008, 12:59 AM
From what i gather 142 is the soft cap, which to me is unrealistic obviously not being in T5 - T6 gear,

It was the maintank of the guild who also happens to be the GM, who brought this up, the way he saw it was - get your 490 def - get 15-16k hp - then build hit.

It wasn't said in a bad way, more of a suggestion, but it made me think i'd come and ask the experts. as ive never heard of tanks suffering from hit problems as long as their gear fits the content.

like i said i do have the ring from MgT and a few other bits i can switch in but i think i'll stick to set i have currently, whist still farming for the badge neck/chest.