PDA

View Full Version : Need Gemming advice for Myridons Treads

Ulantor
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
I picked up these beauties last night Myrmidon's Treads. I know the option of just slapping in 2 15 stam gems, but is that my best option at my gear/progression level?

We are 4/5 MH and 4/9 BT, but still iffy on repeat Gorefiend kills though.

Only other gems I was thinking of are 10 dodge, 5 Agi 7 stam, and 5 def 7 syam.

Armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldum&n=Ulantor)

Scargoth
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
At your level of progression it won't really matter much what you put in there. You have some avoidance to give up and your health is already fine (damn taurens! /shakefist).

I do the first 3 bosses in MH and the first 4 in BT with about 22% dodge and 20% parry in a set stacked for high threat. It's only around Gurtogg Bloodboil that I start scaling up the avoidance, but even then you can get away with 26-28% dodge just fine. A huge part of it will depend on your healers of course.

One thing I found though, between all the many pieces of tanking gear I have and all the swaps and different gear sets, those boots are always on -- I never swap them out. So you might want to take a more jack-of-all-trades gem approach with that item since you may end up using it in all sorts of different gear sets. In my case I went with 2 stam gems, including my +18 JC gem.

Celandro
08-01-2008, 06:00 PM
What Im planning on doing, is putting 2 15 stamina gems in those when they finally drop and keep the paladin tank boots from supremus gemmed for avoidance for those avoidance bosses.

Kakuzuu
08-02-2008, 06:25 AM
stamina