PDA

View Full Version : Bear Runs with non-T6 Guilds

Leytur
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
My guild is a 10 man guild. We do Karazhan and ZA. We have quite a bit of BOJ gear.

Has anyone heard of a simliar guild being able to get a bear?

Tatt
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
It is definately possible, I would just say to take the same 10 people ever time to learn together, and to go as often as possible for practice. Coordination and skill will always beat gear.

phaze
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Sure! The 2.4 badge gear (weapons in particular) really helped with allowing 10-man guilds to push for that fourth chest.

As mentioned before: the largest speed boost is to switch from 3 to 2 healers. Your healers should have enough gear and skill to keep everyone up with just 2 on duty, and the extra DPS is what will allow you to stay ahead of the timer.

Armstrong
07-31-2008, 09:48 AM
2 healers
1 prot warrior max (ideally a prot pally and a feral, no prot warrior)
DPS specced for PvE and popping consumables

Same people every week should be able to get it done after a little while.

Leytur
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
So no one has said whether anyone's actually DONE it with no 25 man gear. ;) Just that it's POSSIBLE. Haha.

We're going for our first guild 2 chest tonight. And hopefully getting down Dragonhawk. I see 3 chests in our near future. But until Dragonhawk gets to "easy" status won't even think about 4. Not to mention 2 healing it. . . THAT would be fun.:O

Thanks for the replies.

BTW: Wowjutsu says it supports timed chests now. Has anyone seen one added yet?

Squeegiemama
08-01-2008, 05:03 AM
BTW: Wowjutsu says it supports timed chests now. Has anyone seen one added yet?

It gets added, however I dont think it shows up on the guild page. Only if you go into the ZA section for your guild.

Narshe
08-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Getting two shamans for the runs helps a long way. Our combo was one resto and one enhancement.

Leytur
08-01-2008, 06:32 AM
We will have 1 resto shaman on a regular basis. Don't know about getting another.

I'll check the Wowjutsu stuff now.

Caudates
08-01-2008, 07:33 AM
We do t6 content now but we didnt when we got our first bear. Mostly its badge gear.

OUr set up goes as follows.

Group 1:
Prot Warr
Feral Druid
Enhance Shaman
Enhance Shaman
BM Hunter

Group 2:
Tree druid
Holy Pally
Spriest
Spriest
Destro Lock

Group 1 works really well together with all their buffs, Shouts, Totems, Bear Aura, Inspiration.

Group 2 With the Lock throwing up curse of shadow makes it so your healers always have mana. Some fights our pally stays at 100% mana. Spriests are also great for MC of flame casters as they can kill a bear (burr) run really easily.

Brogan
08-21-2008, 10:30 PM
We did it with non t6 AND 3 healers

Resto Druid
Spirit Priest
CoH Priest
Mage
Boomkin

Prot Pally
Feral Druid
Hunter
Enh Shaman
Ret Pally

Our healers did dps when they had the time. It was a smooth run, except dhawk trash where we had to kill a couple extras due to drums, which was abnormal. We had about 3 min to spare.

Tatt
08-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Soulbound on trollbane just got a bear mount with 1 piece of T6 on the entire raid (pally tanking mace). Every other raider was in nothing but badge rewards or pvp or crafted gear.

Minya
08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
My guild is a 10 man guild. We do Karazhan and ZA. We have quite a bit of BOJ gear.

we got our first bear way before the new badge-gear was available.
we had our archimonde-firstkill the same day we looted the first bear, so you can say we were 80-90% T5-geared.
yes, it is possible.