PDA

View Full Version : OT Spec For ZA

Tatt
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Wanting to try out a new idea with my raid this weekend. We are starting to work on timers in ZA (had the gear for it, jsut never the interest) and I am trying to figure out where I would fit in best. Considering we do not currently have a feral druid in our guild, I was considering speccing something like 0/41/20 and OT'ing with a Pally MT, allowing me to soak up some cleaves and hold mobs for a bit, but still putting out more than respectable dps when only 1 tank is needed. Any ideas on spec or strat tweaks to make this work? And I know the argument about dw devastate, but I have enough of a threat issue to begin with, so I want the 10% threat reduction from fury spec to keep under the radar. More looking at exactly what to put the 41 and the 20 in to give the raid my best.

P.S. My fury gear is considerably better than my tanking set.

uglybbtoo
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
OT is a bit erronous in ZA the 2 tank have to be pretty well interchangable because of the dual tank points however one needs to be able to switch to another role in single tank situations.

Given you are going to be dps normally by looks then just make sure you take a hunter and get him to MD onto you when you are tanking.

tehgreen
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
a few clears ago we just as we opened the gates i swapped into def. stance "oh shit i'm fury (17/44) guys". we normally go with me as prt and a prt pally.

we still made the timer, i tanked second on bear just taunted and did my best to stay in front. tanked dh just ment the dps had to hold back abit, fight was maybe 30s longer than usual.

i was using 4pt6 but.