PDA

View Full Version : Need some Advice kinda new to tanking

Sealfate
07-29-2008, 09:39 AM
First off i would like to say that this has to be the best forums i have ever had the privilege of being apart of. The information here is incredible.

Ok i have spent many hours on here trying to figure out all the information i can on my own. The problem is alot of the technical stuff everyone talks about i have no clue what it is or means so i have done my best to figure it out.

My question is with the way i am geared am i able to run heroics and kara?? The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cairne&n=Sealfate) this is my armory link. I know there are alot of peices i need to upgrade but is it sufficient to run heroics and kara.

The only heroics i have tried is Ramps and it was a breeze but im a little concerned that i am not geared enough for the higher end heroics.
Trust me any information and help i can get is GREATLY appreciated.

Stonebinder
07-29-2008, 09:49 AM
I can't help you with Gear much. But I've seen a thread that discusses the requirements for heroic 5-man tanking.

Here's the Link and I hope it is useful: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/5-mans-heroics/33955-heroic-5-man-requirements.html

Solonlee
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
You are nearly geared and ready to MT kara...

IMO push hard into SL and get the figurine off boss 2....its better than regal.

Look at the pre-kara lists for warriors...get rid of some greens. You are an engineer..and have no excuse to not have Khorium Destroyer equipped atm.

Your rings need help... look at Dath'Remar's Ring of Defense (iirc that is the name..its close).

If you can find a way to remove a few greens, you are ready for bigger and badder things mate...

DO WORK!

Sealfate
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Ok thanks i been struggling with getting groups to do anything but have recently (last 2 days) gotten into a really good guild so hopefully that will change. Ya that Trinket and me just cant seem to meet. Have had horrible drops in there just a case of bad luck i guess.

Workin on leveling Engineering and will have the destroyer by the end of the week most likely.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming i really really appreciate the help.

mero12513
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
You're certainly ready to be tanking heroics. Run SP and Ramps daily, and Mech if you can get a lock (it's way harder without one). Those are great to get a feel for it, and get you some badges for starting badge gear (bracers are only 35 and amazing).

Kazeyonoma
07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Wrong forum to post.

Moved to Armory Suggestions.