PDA

View Full Version : Illidari Council (Stayin Alive)

Fezzick
07-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Pardon the cheesy pun.

Anyways. I've filled the role of an Arms Warrior with my guild who has had BT on farm for a few months now, but personally, I have only been in the raid for two kills. My main job is melee DPS on the Paladin.

My problem is I can't stay alive when the Blizzard hits.

Consecrate - no problem
Flame Strike - no problem

For whatever reason, I'm so concentrated on keeping, Demo Shout up, and making it through my rotation, that I never notice the blizzard. Not to mention the fact that there's already alot of spells in the air from the raid, its tough to judge in a split second what is a Blizzard and what isn't.

The other night, after I died at about 97% (and had about 13 solid minutes of nothing to do), I looked for a mod similar to Solarian Alarm that makes it clearly obvious when I am in Blizzard (or Consecrate or Flamestike for that matter), but I was unable to find one. Does anyone know if there is a mod that I can program in "Warn me when I'm in Blizzard!" or does anyone have any tips for avoiding it?

BoomBeef
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Big Wigs has the "turn my screen blue and shake it" option just for Blizzard for that fight. It is not enabled by default. You will need to go into options and put a check mark on the "screen shakes". (I am pretty sure that is what it is termed as in the options - still at work while posting this)

Worldie
07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Both bigwigs and dbm got a function for all the possible debuffs, just activate it :)

Fezzick
07-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Good enough.

I looked through DMB, but I must have missed it. I'll start there.

Thanks