PDA

View Full Version : Archimonde Positioning

headrush
07-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Where is the right place to tank him? I thought I read strats that says it doesnt matter and that tanking him where he is is fine. Our RL however was insisting that tanking him in the logs helps because the fire stops at the logs.

It didnt seem to matter to me as it sounded like an exploit and people still kept dying anyway. So curious to know what everyone else does

Dunmail
07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
That's what we tried last night, only issue being a Dren tank is I got knocked back and pinned under the log, then toasted. Wished I'd rolled the character female...

I suppose the other thing to consider if other people are dying it's more likely to be bad positioning, luck & self preservation, than your tanking, as it's up to others to run away, fall safely etc. Any tips would be appreciated as well, as we're going to be camping the joint, interrupting his tree-felling with raid wipes until he's deaded.

Magnuss
07-29-2008, 05:09 AM
We just managed to get our first Archimonde kill last night */cheer* and we tried not to focus on the logs too much. The fire does stop when it hits them but we didnt want to try and focus any element of the raid around that too much because it just isnt a big enough obstacle to reliably save a group all the time. Some of our groups if they were told to be in that zone while fighting him may have used the logs once or twice to try and ditch a fire but only if it was convienant to do so instead of running backwards. Either way we always stressed to not sidestep a fire or cause the fire to curve in order to prevent the fires from tracking off towards some completely random group.

If i had to give any advice on positioning it would be to face him towards the tree of life and have all the rest of your groups behind him with plenty of room between them. Reason for this is so that they dont get knocked back into the water and silenced which caused numerous wipes to this guy.

headrush
07-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Well based on the previous archi posts it does seem that the consensus is since 2.4.2 it doesnt matter where but I am curious to see if others have had more success elsewhere. we tried it all sorts of ways last night...couldnt get past 45%. airbursts and fire ftl. trying to get it it in everyone's head that the key is survival is proving more difficult than our RL thought.

Morphes
08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I tank him by the dead tree in the middle, heres a pic if that helps.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/mike007monster/WoWScrnShot_080708_221241.jpg

Triank
08-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I am happy to report we just downed him on sunday night for the first time. We have tried many tanking spots. From our exp tanking him on the logs was more bad then good for us. From what we exped ... fires go through and or around the logs they dont stop at the logs. You cant even stand on top of them to avoid them.

The position we found for our kills was the tank runs straight in from the north. As he aggros he turns and backs back down about 15 steps towards archies starting position. Out of all the different spots we tried .. and we tried pretty much all of them this was by far the best for the raid to move from fires.