PDA

View Full Version : Heroics yet?

AxLxExX
07-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey just got some gear up, hit 490 def and 12k hp...am I geared enough for heroics yet? Or do I have some more things that need done...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&n=Marshmallowz)

hvidgaard
07-28-2008, 02:20 AM
I wasn't much better geared when I first started, so you're good to go if you ask me. I would bring 1-2 CC classes tho to make sure you don't get ganked too much on the trash. Make sure you bring friends that understand that you only just meet the requirements, and finally, a good healer will make it much easier (you do need much more attention than a T5-6 tank)

/edit it should be noted that you quite likely can't tank the Underbog Lords SV unless your dps is quite strong, but for SP I don't see a problem. Don't expect yourself to be able to walts into any heroic now, but a few of them - and then still farm normal instances for whatever gear that is an improvement.

rychel
07-28-2008, 06:53 AM
go ahead, you are rdy!

do the easiests first like SP or some UB bosses, Mecha is easy to go too. More than gear, if you know how to do the bosses, and have a good healer, i dont think you will have problems start tanking these heroics :D

dirt
07-28-2008, 06:59 AM
I would also just suggest you get your rep up with SSO by doing dailies. That will allow you to get a couple of nice epic items like:

Dawnforged Defender & Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve once exalted. It will earn you some extra coin along the way which is always good as well. :o

Like rychel said SP, UB & Mech are good choices to start and possibly net yourself some nicer gear.

Dunmail
07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
You're also gonna loose alot of threat having a unenchanted weapon. I can understand not blowing a huge dollop of money on executioner/Mongoose on it, but if you do struggle with threat, (assuming your dps isn't suicidal) then it may be a requirement. I would recommend 2% threat on gloves rather than strength as a buffer as your healer will be cranking out alot of threat plugging your leaks.

Agi/dodge/defence on cloak would also be useful.

Heroic ramps is nasty at first, but that has a decent belt, ditto for Setthek Halls for the shoulders. Botanica also has boots, and you could skip boss 3 if it was a gear check. A simple run with 1/2 cc as mentioned above. If it's going to take a while farming SSO rep have a mooch at the Ogrila Shield as it's dirt cheap, and when you get the SSO one throw a spike on it for threat.

If you can wrangle it sponge a welfare run in KZ as a OT. It is possible for a decent MT to solo tank the place so a hanger on for a few adds hoovering up the bits they have, would be hugely beneficial to you.

Kazeyonoma
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Please read forum stickies and rules before posting threads.

Moved to Armory Suggestion forums.

AxLxExX
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
update! 12.1k hp and 509 def...better?