PDA

View Full Version : Muru movie tank pov

Solina
07-26-2008, 02:40 PM
I couldn't find a movie of muru on this forum and we recently killed muru and i thought it might be useful for some tanks to see it from my point of view instead of all those dps pov .
Unfortunately i don't have a stream of it but here's the file front link .

rqmvsmuru-emeriss.wmv - FileFront.com (http://files.filefront.com/rqmvsmuru+emerisswmv/;11184710;/fileinfo.html)

Xav
07-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Nice video, great sides tanking ability. I never get to do it because I'm our Sent tank, but you really did a good job and had nice situational awareness!

Phase 2, though, you could've done some different, by moving around to avoid some of the orbs that clipped your melee - amazing it didn't hit you. Got rather lucky there, but hey, you got the kill at least.

I gotta say that the phase 2 was kind of a polar opposite of how you played in phase 1, I hardly saw you looking around at all in P2 or accomodating for orbs and such. But, it was worth it for P1.

Anyway, neat video. (And hey... at least you don't play completely zoomed in like some terribles! ^^)

Alacastramos
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM
My guild's currently working on M'uru and the lowest we've gotten is 45% in P1.

I'm the sent tank so I rarely get to see what's going on on the sides, so your vid was a very nice chance to see that.

I'll be tanking in P2 as well, and I was wondering the range on the orbs' damage. I really couldn't see it as it was flying around behind Entropius, and I don't want that to be what wipes us the first time we hit phase 2.

Xav
07-27-2008, 10:21 PM
It's not the orbs damage really, it's the effect it does. I think it's about 7-10 yards, I would steer clear of it just to be safe.

Narshe
07-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Very good movie. I'm curious how many healers are on you in P1 because our tanks can't manage the damage income from 3 mobs and we have always one CCed.

ttocs
07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
And also, what kind of gear.

I have been able to survive all 3 mobs beating on me here and there (if cc fails, or mage dies or whatever), but not consistently.. and I'm sitting at about 33% dodge and 26% parry, with about 8% miss raid buffed, iirc. I usually have two healers on me, shaman + priest or shaman + paladin.

Being able to survive consistently without needing the sheep would be pretty big.

Dragaan
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Hmm.... I would really like to know what gear you are using as well. Right now our guild is using a prot warrior on one side and a prot pally on the other for humanoid tanking (I am on sentinels). The paladin is tanking 2 berserkers while the mage is burned down asap. They are having real trouble keeping him alive even with a fury warrior keeping up demo and disarming. I'm surprised that you are able to stay alive with that much ease while tanking all 3 mobs (and w/o using ironshield pots - I see you used mighty rage). It shouldnt be a healing issue with us, as our healing is generally really great.

Kazuma
07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice Video. I am really interessted how you configure your shout buttons to lit up, when the specific buff is active on you.

ttocs
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I've seen the "lighting up" occur when I had the default blizzard buttons set up, but they went away when I installed bongos2. Bongos3 or Bartender might support that now.

Endal
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Avoidance ftw.

Solina
07-31-2008, 06:21 AM
This was one of our first time we got into p2 so we got really lucky with killing it so i was pretty new to p2 and my preformance on the video was pretty awe full compared to the p1 .
I even made some mistakes in p1 but after doing muru for many many times i was getting pretty tired and was tempted to just faceroll over the keyboard .

We have 1 healer (priest) on me and a shaman chain healing once and then .
When we pull i disarm one of the berserkers when the flurry hits and i also try to get a spellreflect off on the mage then i interrupt or stun it .
The rogue's use there stuns to reduce the dmg the have spare time so the dont need the combo points for dps we also have a shaman using warstomp and a warrior using intercept and disarm on the frenzy's .

Some minor changes since i last done it is that i do /focus on the mage so i can interrupt it easily and spellreflect it without having to watch the casting animation .

Im using bongos and if you go to options you select "Show Casted buffs & Debuffs" anbd then the light up when the buff is on but im also using demon for that .