PDA

View Full Version : Get To The Chopper! Err, Trade Post!

Ciderhelm
07-26-2008, 03:12 AM
There is a pretty substantial gem nerf around the corner which will make crafted gear relatively less valuable. Want to get your own gear up to par on a budget? Be sure to do it before this nerf, when demand on items will likely go up. :)

Some particular gear I've seen that can be bought and is relatively cheap, taking the best tanking stats on each slot:

Painmirror Chestguard
Painmirror Legplates
Hearthsteel Girdle
Castlefoot Sabatons
Resolute Armguards
Dawnmist Mantle or Lifeswathe Mantle

Spellscourge (Shield)
The Hand of Storms (1h Mace)*

*I chose a level 75 mace for price over the 80 equivalent. With the recent slow on 1h edged items for males, this mace is substantially faster at completing combos than the swords.

Got suggestions? Let us know!

Nicole
07-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi, as soon as I read the post I launched AoC to buy the items, however I do have some questions:

-On par to what kind of gemmed out post-patch armor set will this be? A crafted armorset full of inviolates except for some 'chance on getting damage' reactive type gems in the slots where the trader set has those type of effects?

-Do all of these items have a level 80 version? I went on the trader and none of the items had a level 80 version, I'm not sure if this is simply due to local market circumstances or not. Here are the highest levels I could find:

Painmirror Chestguard (only lvl 77 version)
Painmirror Legguards (only level 75 version, couldn't find legplates)
Hearthsteel Girdle (only level 79 version)
Castlefoot Sabatons (only level 73 version, sweet amount of invulnerabilities though)

Now I realise this guide is probably meant to be a guide with trader-only items, but I couldn't help but wonder how you think the following relatively easily obtainable items compare:
-Dawnmist Mantle (obtainable through trader) versus Titanslayer Cloak (Atzel's approach quest item) versus Frostmist Cloak (drops of first boss of Halls of Eternal Frost) [/URL][URL="http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/415/nicolepicture072qb1.png"]click here (http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/415/nicolepicture072qb1.png)

-Spellscourge versus Daggermouth Shield and Lifewrest (all obtainable through trader) click here (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nicolepicture073zt7.png)

Ronnar
07-30-2008, 06:22 AM
Most bosses do crushing Dmg. I think we will need a few sets for diffirent encounters (crushing / shlashing / piercing / Poison ...).

Post Patch we'll be able to get even higher invul ratings, but only vs 1 kind of dmg. i say try to buy lvl 80 cabochon unyielding, tenacious, dense, purifing gems as long as they are cheap.

Also i did not recognize any chages from dr and hdr beyond soft cap. So i think the epic lvl 7x shield is the best option atm. asylum of ... cant remember the name...

Greystorm
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Its the Asylum of the Bloody Maw... very nice shield.

Shirkoh
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
post patch aegis of five mercies lvl 80 shield is the best because more crushing invuln (which most bosses does crushing dmg), more defense rating, and has a sacrarial and secular proc which works against non humans with crushing dmg now (from my testing so far).

unyielding- single invuln crushing dmg gems are good post patch for almost any boss
a few bosses use slashing, unholy, fire, cold, and poison but even then most bosses the majority of dmg still comes from crushing dmg.