PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on my gear

uki929
07-25-2008, 07:09 AM
I haven't really touched my tank in a while and wonder if I can get some incite on my gear. Not sure if I am ready for kara yet, maybe OT it but not sure. Any suggestions and critisim is appreciated.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Executus&n=Ukitate)

Thanks

dlongest
07-25-2008, 07:42 AM
You're definitely ready for at least the front half of Kara. I would get into that every week for the badges and possible drops.

Grind SSO rep for the neckpiece and the shield.

Run the easier heroics (Mech, Bot, Ramps, UB, Slave Pens) for the badges. Especially focus on Mech for Sun Eater. As you accrue badges, look at Vene's pick order for a general idea of how you might make those purchases (of course consider what you already have at the time, dont' necessarily follow the list blindly).

I personally used the PvP shoulders and boots for a while because of the raw armor and stamina they provide. I wouldn't necessraily jump to this immediately, but as you pick up some more defensive stats from other gear, you may consider it as an option, if only in certain EH-intensive situations.

Daniel

uki929
07-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I have some gladiator shoulderpads that I have will that surfice? I know that I have a overkill of defense at 500+, but I am definately working on my rep with SSO, almost to exhaulted now probably three more days so I'm excited. Quick question some people say in other forums that it's way easier to get Kings Defender then Sun Eater. Should I just concetrate on Kings first or Sun Eater?

Kamani
07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Don't. Use. Hit. Gems.

dlongest
07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
It took me 50 runs to get Sun Eater.

In 25 Kara runs, I have never even seen King's Defender.

Neither of the totals above is an exaggeration. I wouldn't say one is "way easier" (in either direction) since it's matter of luck either way.

It's true that once you pull King's Defender, you may never (or rarely) will use Sun Eater. But Sun Eater has an avoidance advantage over KD which may be useful in some situations so it's definitely something you should try to have.

Daniel

Shinpachi22
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
forget the King's Defender. Sun Eater is better for tanking overall, that dodge rating is essential. I nearly took it when I DID see it in Kara, but then I noticed that the KD just gets its better-than-SE reputation for its size, its Kara status, and the fact that it has a higher D-rating.

Kazeyonoma
07-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Not true.

Kings defender is gonna be your mitigation and threat weapon for a while. It's a great weapon, with higher dps, threat stats, and some bonus avoidance and armor. While Sun eater is a great avoidance piece, chances are you'll be tanking with KD on most fights and swapping in the Sun Eater when things get hairy or if you know it's an avoidance friendly fight (see Prince Malch).