PDA

View Full Version : A good way to get into 25 mans

Kriden
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
My guild is currently doing Karazan and clearing it in one night and we have a pretty good group of people in our guild

But the problem is that we really cant get into 25 mans because of the lack of people

what is a good way to get people to join our guild and get off into the 25 man content

mero12513
07-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm in exactly the same situation. Here's what's been working best for me:

I run a Magtheridon raid every week with whatever guild members are available. For me, that usually means about 10 guildies and 15 pugs. We do gear checks, make people use ventrilo, and just make sure we're not inviting crap pugs. We can down Mag without wiping (although it took us a few trys to get there), and because of that success, I recruit anywhere from 2 to 5 people every time we do it.

Because it's so late in the BC raiding game, straight-up recruitment is near impossible for us. So I RL a mostly pug Mag run, and people are impressed with the efficiency with which we pull it off. We know the people we recruit are basically ready for 25 mans. It may not be a perfect solution, but it's been a great start.

Krashtork
07-24-2008, 12:45 PM
If i were in your position I would do as Mero said above.

Tip: Make sure you put smart / capable / reliable people on cube clicking duty. The Mag fight is CAKE if you can get clicking down.

mero12513
07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Tip: Make sure you put smart / capable / reliable people on cube clicking duty. The Mag fight is CAKE if you can get clicking down.

We are very lucky in that we can fill up every Off-Tank spot with guild-members and personal friends who we know to be reliable. OT at each cube clicks the cube, and we just dance to the finish.