PDA

View Full Version : Gear for Max TPS for Teron Gorefiend

Steakums
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
We have been farming Teron now for a Few months (QQ Random Loot no Gloves yet)

Anyways I've been trying every week to get more and more TPS, and last night i finally got highest Ever 1347 TPS.

I used 2 pieces of Vengeful (Chest/Legs) Rest was normal Tank gear.

T4 Helm (Eternal Earthstorm Meta+10 Hit Gem)
T5 Shoulders
T5 Gloves
Brooch Of Deftness
Girdle of the Fearless
S3 Chest
S3 Legs
Jungle Stompers
Bracers of Ancient Phalanx
Brutalizer
Kaz Hardened Heart
Amani Warbow
Ring of Sundered Souls
Ring of the Eternal Defender (SoS Ring)
Styleen's Impeding Scarab
Moroe's Pocketwatch

With this gear I'm over Def cap by 11, I'm Hit Capped (Used Hit food, i believe) and had about 22% Crit.

I had Feral Druid, Enhance Sham, BM Hunter w/ Drums and a Lock (Locks was just filler)

Just curious for all you high TPS'ers on this fight, what would u change to help make me get higher TPS? Tips? This is about the only fight atm I can Epeen on so help meh ;)

Caireagin
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
We just had our first Gorefiend kill on Sunday, so I haven't started any real threat stacking attempts. Before I toss your gear into a warcrafter profile and see how it stands my quick suggestions are:

Presence of Might on the helm? If not, I'd recommend getting one on it.
Pepe's Shroud of Pacification for a cloak? If not, I think Dory's Embrace is about the same threat level. If you do have it, and can get hit capped without it, Dory's might be a threat upgrade over it.
Ring of Sundered Souls could be replaced with a more threat based ring. I used Signet of the Last Defender over it.
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch could, and should be replaced by Shard of Contempt if you can stand the avoidence loss. If you dont' have the Shard, Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 would probably be an alternative.
Your overall expertise sounds a bit low. I'm not sure how much of a threat upgrade the s3 legs are over Sunguard Legplates in this case.

failnkara
07-24-2008, 12:33 PM
We fail bad today since we had some new people in the guild we had rogues taking rotation on interupting heals on Lady Malande but raid was getting raped by High Nethermancer Zerevor this is our 2nd attempt. We had a mage pulled and a pally blessing of protection on the mage.. Not sure if we done it correctly is there any suggestion how we should start this off? and make it smooth/..

Steakums
07-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I forgot to mention T4 Helm has the ZG enchant, and i was using Pepe's forgot to mention it ><

My expertise is at the softcap with that gear i believe so it shouldn't be a issue, but *shrugs* I also don't own the Sunguard legs I got Pratorian's just prior now have T6 *shrugs*

Invisniper
07-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Ring of Sundered Souls could be replaced with a more threat based ring. I used Signet of the Last Defender over it.
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch could, and should be replaced by Shard of Contempt if you can stand the avoidence loss. If you dont' have the Shard, Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 would probably be an alternative.
Your overall expertise sounds a bit low. I'm not sure how much of a threat upgrade the s3 legs are over Sunguard Legplates in this case.
I support this message; I use Unwavering Legguards personally though. However, with your expertise only at the softcap I'd probably grab a Nightstrike.

Dunmail
07-25-2008, 01:25 AM
There's also the LC exalted rep ring which has a dollop of expertise on it.
The Agi/stam aren't horrific stats to tank with either.

Armstrong
07-25-2008, 02:42 AM
My expertise is at the softcap with that gear i believe so it shouldn't be a issue.

If you're below 57 expertise skill, adding more expertise remains the very best way to increase your threat vs. bosses. Sunguard Legplates > Onslaught Legguards. Get a Shard of Contempt.

Get hit capped too. Glyph of Ferocity > Presence of Might until you are hit capped. Ask your moonkin if he specced into Imp. Fairy Fire. Use a Draeni pally as your "group filler". If those get you above the hit cap (9%), replace some of your hit gear with expertise or SBV if expertise is capped.

Once expertise and hit are capped, SBV and armor penetration are your best bet. Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 > Styleen's Impeding Scarab. If you feel you need the equip a Pocket Watch for Gorefiend, your raid or healers aren't ready for you to play around with maxing out threat.

Crit from gear should be at the bottome of your list along with strength and agility.

Magnuss
07-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah i totally agree with armstrong on this. I am expertise capped when i tank this guy (just because the parry elimination makes my healers LOL at this guy) and i get placed in the rogue/windfury group. With just these two elements my TPS doesnt drop below 1000 and will sit comfortably between 1200-1600 depending on crits and windfury.

EDIT: Oh, also keep in mind that by improving your expertise you are essentially increasing your chance to hit by removing the enemies chance to not get hit. Having hit is still important but its just one more reason why expertise is a PRO tanking stat.

bludwork
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
if you want more threat, wear dps gear not tanking gear. Personally I use

Legguards of Endless Rage
Shard of Contempt
Krakken-Heart Breastplate

mix and match a couple of things like the dps neck or something as long as it puts me above 490 defense. The Vengeful/Brutal set is the best way to go for threat without losing out on armor/stam