PDA

View Full Version : DPS - T6 Set Bonuses and Maxdps.com Gear Listing

Doogster
07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
How important is the two and four piece T6 set bonus for an arms and a fury warrior? How much will the set bonuses increase ones DPS? Please comment or link other threads, comparitive WWS reports and spreadsheets related to this issue.
Is the rankings of maxdps.com items reliable? Should one gear up according to their rankings over T6 items, such as Blood-stained Pauldrons, Grips of Silent Justice, Helm of the Illidari Shatter Leggings of Divine Retribution > T6 Onslaught pieces. Does maxdps.com take into account armor penetration?
I am having trouble with my gear selection at the current moment as I have alot of gear to chose from and not sure if the four piece set bonus will result in larger DPS then using the maxdps.com items. I was thinking of comparing WWS reports on certain fights in maxdps gear lsiting and T6 gear. Thoughts?

Kazeyonoma
07-24-2008, 12:07 AM
maxdps.com is a good way to get an idea of what's an upgrade, but it is not absolute and definitely not 100% accurate, you'll have to just figure it out for yourself when it gets to those moments, and sometimes it's just a judgement call.

Tatt
07-24-2008, 06:59 AM
I was speaking to Kaz yesterday about that site....more and more I think you need to do your own evaluations, some of their figures are kind of screwy, they do not take set bonuses into account.....they are a good starting point, but you have to make the final decision.

Doogster
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree about making the final decision. It is good to get some other opinions. IMO I dont think the four set piece bonus is any good for example. Lets take a WWS report (http://wowwebstats.com/nljdzqznctbdw?a=x1d53fe6)where I was wearing 1 piece of T6 thus no set bonus. Keep in mind this was my first raid as MS ever.

Two set bonus
I executed 100 times. That is 100*15 = 1500 rage spent on execute. 1500/3(set bonus) = 500 extra rage allowing me to execute /15(cost per execute) 33 more times.

33 more executes result in 925*33 more damage (I could not think of a way to estimate the rage on these extra executes thus an estimate only) = 30,525

Four set bonus
As per this report my total damage per mortal strike is 503,892. Now assume 4 set piece bonus would generate total increase in damage of 5% of mortal strike 25,194

Total increase in damage from 2 set bonus + 4 set bonus = 30,525+25,194 = 55,719

To me this seems like *meh* *shrug* = T6 bonuses not too exciting. This is why I am leaning towards the maxdps.coms rating for gloves, legs, helm,

Any thoughts?

Crimsonstorm
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
4 set bonus is poor. Its about a .75% dps increase.

2 set bonus is ok. (Better for fury than arms)

Kazeyonoma
07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
the set bonus just reduces execute cost by 3 not by 1/3rd so you shouldn't divide by 3.

assuming you did 100 executes, 100 executes at 15 rage = 925*100 = 92500 damage at the cost of 1500 rage, 92500/1500 = 61.67 dmg/rage
with the set bonus:
assuming you did 100 executes, 100 executes at 12 is still 92500 damage at the cost of 1200 rage, 92500/1200 = 77.08 dmg/rage

another way to think of it is that you save 300 rage. you can either contribute that rage towards the execute damage, or more executes.

so by grabbing the 2 set bonus, you increase your damage/rage ratio by about 6.6. Now if that is worth it, I dunno, someone with better mathcrafting should probably do it.

byechee
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
2 set is worth it for both builds if you swap to dw and spam execute after 20%. however, many MS wars advocate continuing the standard slam rotation till the end so your mileage may vary.

as for 4 set, it's a bit more valuable for fury wars, and not necessary for MS wars if you have better individual items (assuming you stick to the slam rotation, which you should). However, if you can get all 3 pieces of sunwell t6, there's no reason not to simply use the t6 shoulders with them and get that little boost, as the shoulders off twins (both plate and mail) are underwhelming as upgrades.

Doogster
07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
"many MS wars advocate continuing the standard slam rotation till the end so your mileage may vary." I have been thinking about this issues actually as well, do you know any good threads related to this topic?

You dont find the Sunwell shoulders a good upgrade with the haste? Trying ot get my swing timer to 2.5 seconds?

Getting the T6 pieces out of sunwell is not out of the real of possibilities

byechee
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I find the shoulders to be a far better upgrade for your tanking warriors.

if you search on tankspot i'm sure u'll come across an execute vs. slam rotation thread, not sure where they are offhand tho.

Crimsonstorm
07-28-2008, 03:02 PM
For slam build during execute time, I do:

First, when the boss hits 20% and we get the Bloodlust, I use Death wish, Recklessness, a Haste Potion, and spam execute at a swing time close to the GCD time, for insane dps.

Once the haste potion ends I go into the normal slam/ms/slam/ww/slam/ms/slam/X rotation, where X becomes execute, dumping my probably full rage bar. Executing more than that seems to just do less dps. If my rage bar fills earlier ,then replace an MS or WW with execute to dump it.