PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On eagle

failnkara
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I have down him before with no problem since there is lacks of tanks in our server I ran ZA with guild with 2 Prot warriors, 3 Healers, and 5 Dps, 2 Aoe, 1 Melee, 2 Range..

We pass the Gate at the pull But going up towards eagle we Mark Skull the mana medic, and X once they down we Move Up. Same thing Skull And X than birds started coming Both Waariors ThunderClap Demo Shout Cleave, Mclowing Blow, 1 Of us used our Challengeing Shout than tell raid to AOE, They didnt die fast enough the 2 Ads on the back start coming i hold onto them onto they died, After the 2 protectors that i got aggro died We mark the Skull and X pull them and bird came and raped the raid. No idea if we can do it with 2 prot warrior but its a fail :mad:

Help me if you have done it with 2 prot warriors. I really want the Axe and Shield from ZA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sprot
07-23-2008, 12:52 PM
We're regularly running the gauntlet with two prot warriors. One in front, tank both mobs in front, the other collects all the adds coming from behind (they don't hit hard) as well as tries to tank the birds - concussive blow, taunt, cleave etc. Try to tank as many as possible, some will get away, get them off of the healers, and some kind of AoE helps, but isn't required. Keep your cool, most of those mobs don't hit hard on plate /w shield. The adds from behind - you can take up to 6 without trouble. Save challenging shout for when there's still birds left and a second wave comes, or something like this.

Seradwyn
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
We regularly do it like that ^
No real problems, it's a little slower than with a Pally Tank, but that's okay it's a LOT of fun. I usually get my OT to hold the warrior adds in the back, only moving to stay within healing range, we run with 3 healers still so it's not that hard.
Sometimes we have our Ret Pally and he'll just consecrate the birds up and the lock/hunters will burn the birds down while killing skull's that pop up.

It is definately doable, you just need to let your dps know NOT to Aoe to much and you need to push to the tempest very quickly. I'll usually save my Challenging shout for right when i pull the tempest, and keeping in mind to be close to as many birds as possible, and then let the aoe's just go all out at that stage.

Leytur
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
If you're going to use challenging shout make sure you don't waste it. Have retaliation up right after popping CS.

Make sure the person on adds has a shield spike. Maybe even Stormchops.

If you have your marks hot keyed it could help to mark up one of the adds for the single target DPSers.

I always tell my AOE'ers when no tankadin is around--if you draw aggro just make sure you kill it before it kills you.

failnkara
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah but this server i am in is a 95% fail Only 1 guild have done BT the rest are still struggling in SSC, TK, and most guild cant even down Gruul... I will try this today and thank you guys for helping.

thedrawrf
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Ask your local paladin healer to consecrate :) Birds don't hit that hard

Bodasafa
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
/agree Dwarf. If your just doing ZA for the first 2 bosses and first 2 chests (Eagle/Bear) a x2 prot warrior set up will work just fine. Bring a pally healer and have him round up the birds with the concecrate.

Im a raid lead for a ZA progression team. Ive tried 2 prot warriors and it can be done but cant say I like it much for the instance.

I had the set up of myself as the prot warrior and a druid that could flip kitty if needed. But even that had its drawbacks when it came time to do the dragonhawk.

Now I just use a prot pally OT and its FTW thru all the bosses I must say. Especially on the Dragonhawk now we 1 shot him every time with the prot pally, instead of struggling. Were able to kill all 4 front bosses is just under 2 hours now, and only getting faster.

To really do well in this isntance you need a diverse mix of classes and ablities.

The group comp I use, that has worked well thus far (Just killed Hex lord:D) is:

1) Pally -Heals
2) Priest -Heals
3) Druid -Heals
4) Warrior -MT
5) Pally -OT
6) Rouge
7) Lock
8) Shadow Priest
9) Hunter
10) Mage

We did have the pally OT drop and get on his mage for the Hex lord kill, but for the 4 front bosses I can confirm this group comp is great.

Leytur
07-25-2008, 05:28 AM
We did it once with 3 mages. Never underestimate the power of mages in ZA.

Druid +2 other healers
Warrior/Druid Tank
Pally Tank
1 BM hunter
1 Demo lock
3 mages

That'd be sweet. Well ok maybe just 2 mages and add someone else.

BTW I hear the only way to really ensure a bear mount in time is 2 healing it. True or false?

phaze
07-25-2008, 06:33 AM
BTW I hear the only way to really ensure a bear mount in time is 2 healing it. True or false?
False.

thedrawrf
07-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Unless you have some really, really excellent dps...true.

Hamburglar
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
What some guilds do is bring another class that can heal like elemental shammy as a 3rd healer when needed. When healing is light, they dps.