PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 Warrior+Druid

failnkara
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi There i am a full Vengeful Warrior was doing great 2.3 since 2.4 i am having bad issue with 2v2 and alot more with pvp stuff. My current talent is 33-28 Tryed 35-23-3 did horrible lost like 9 games straight from 1650 to 1570, So i respec back to 33-28 and won back up to 1702 last night. Not sure if i did anything wrong or my Druid partner sucks at kiting and healing+CC.. This is what we did,

-Rogue+S.Priest team

I use perception and try to find the rogue so couldnt spot him, I instantly hope on the priest with.

(Charge, Deathwish, Hamstring, MortalStrike, Berserker Stance, Hamstring.

Rogue Came out on Me druid Cyclone Rogue. He trinketed Blind Druid, I Ind Shout, And Intervene to Druid, Start back with Charge, Mortal Strike Hamstring on S.priest, Berserkerstance, Whirlwind, hamstring, Mortalstrike, He still at 99% health with all this Attack i am doing like wtf and my health is at 65% with dots on me... While the rogue is cycloned I Told druid to CC spriest and ill hope on rogue.

Start with charge, Rend, hamstring, Mortalstrike, Berserker Stance, Bloodrage, Demo Shout, Mortal Strike, Whirlwind, Hamstring, Def stance, Disarm. He %10 HP S.priest Fear i use Berserker Rage, Intercept Rogue Execute, He Cheat Death, Mortal Strike He Cheat death, Execute he cheat death. S.priest heal Him to full HP than I died from Dots and rogue rupture.

ebs2002
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Vs cheat death, have your druid dot the rogue, have him rended, and save your rage until it falls (just overpower). Your partner should pounce/bash/cyclone/cyclone to keep him from healing.

And if you were against a shadow priest, how did he heal the rogue to full?

Kazeyonoma
07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I think your bigger problem is that your druid can't do what you say he's doing.

And you should be breaking down the priest anyways, if you can't break down his shield then you need to work him down some more, you're blowing all your rage instantly, instead of sundering him up and working him down. you're a longevity team not a burst team, that's why 33/25/3 or 35/23/3 works better, because it helps you survive better by spell reflecting and being able to stance dance more efficiently. Cheat death also doesn't work that way, it cheats the 1 hit that was gonna kill him, then the next ones are reduced by damage, unless the rogue was wearing over 20% crit reduction damage worth of resilience, you're 2nd hit or 3rd hit should've killed him. And why were you losing so much health, the druid should have full hots on you since they were both on you. he had free reign to heal you, or Swiftmend, or NS Healing Touch.

failnkara
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
i armoryed the priest and his spec was something crazy not sure but i never played a priest before this is the spec.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bZfExhc00mZVMTt0to0p)

This is the rogue spec

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ecoTrobZZxMeoMGRoxs)

Kazeyonoma
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
weird as hell O_o.

failnkara
07-23-2008, 03:23 PM
yeah it is weird as hell lol

Bloodwraith
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't think I've ever come by a Spriest without vampiric touch, or a sub rogue without ShS. Those guys both had some strange specs.

Kruthel
07-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Heh, yeah, they are almost like pre-BC builds, with a couple of alterations made...

Yeah, when I learn my new key-binds (could take a while) I'm going to try this set up. Anyone got any tips? :)

Bloodwraith
07-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to beat Disc Priest/SL/SL Lock with this comp?

I had this happen to me yesterday:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/bloodwraith816/tankspot2v2complain.jpg

What Happened:

First off, we were in BEM arena. This comes into play a bit later (about 30 minutes lol)

Me and my druid decided on kill pet strat since both enemy players can drain/burn mana so he is going to have to drink at some point or another if he gets feared. I killed pet twice, throughout this time I was keeping hamstrings on the priest and lock because they had got a fear on my druid and mana drain/ power infusion mana burns. Somehow my oom druid lasted like 10 minutes, and eventually he got to the point where he got back to full mana. But while he was drinking they took full advantage of me on the bridge. Lock would fear or priest would try to MC my off to allow new pet to be summoned, I pummeled the MC's and zerker rage/deathwish as much as I could, plus used trinket a couple times but once my druid got there frmo the other side of the map, they would get new pet. Then I would just have to hamstring them again/kill pet to keep them from draining my druid down. Throughout this time if priest would grab a few seconds to drink whenever he could. At one point my druid got a full drink after I killed pet yet another time, and we decided to try priest. I went on priest (On top) and he would just MC after all my interupts were down and before my druid could get there he would jump me off the bridge and greab some ticks from his drink. Eventually I just said to my druid you watch the priest, and I'll try lock. I have lock fully sundered, and my druid even got CC rotation on priest and I just couldn't get the lock down, since he had sumoned pet for the like 5th+ time (Darn Soul Link). This whole time they would attack my druid, not feeding me any rage. I couldn't break shield fast enough to get a kill. Eventually this just worked down to us going for a kill on lock, druid eating a fear and oom. He dies, and then me a while afterwards. I think we wouldn't have had near as much trouble in any other arena, because the lock wouldn't have got the resummon on pet. What do you guys think?

On anotehr note I ran WRD in 3's yesterday and went 6-1 (lost one due to bad target call). In basically every game I did something that one us the game, not to mention doubling the damage of the other team. My favorite was Resto druid/Holy Pally/ Warlock. We just rushed lock, would jump to healer if they tried to get away. Lock was down to around 60% with no CC on me or my rogue. I stepped back a few paces and the two healers were dumb enough to be almsot right next to each other. I feared them, and then me and rogue proceeded to level the lock.

And this morning I grinded the last honor piece that I'll need for this expansion (unless they release something new). Just need 1700 personal to buy boots, and next week, I'll have the points for helm so make 4/5 brutal.

Kazeyonoma
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
WRD is a strong team, it's my current 3s, hoping to break 2200 with it =P

As for the shadow comp, it's very strong, very very very strong. I have less trouble with priests because I have swords and believe me, you notice the difference of swords versus maces against a priests bubble. Aside from beating on the pet for rage, then getting on the priest, I can't really tell ya what else you could've done. =T

Well, okay here's an edit:
When he resummons a pet, it's almost always going to be a voidwalker to mitigate damage better, what you have to do is work on the warlock till the pet gets low, say 50% or so, and be cautious of using whirlwind since a priest's prayer of mending will bounce all over the place. when the pet gets that low, call it out or have your druid call it out and burst on it, have the druid try to help too with a swarm or something, that'll help you keep pressure on the warlock while wearing down the pet. Another trick that my druid does sometimes is that if you work on the warlock for a while and he's fully sundered and you've got some rage. cyclone lock the pet. While the pet is cycloned soul link breaks, if your druid does it right, that means 9 seconds of no soul link on the lock that he can't do anything about. If you can lay down the burst in those few seconds and kill him, you win.

Bloodwraith
07-24-2008, 02:51 PM
WRD is a strong team, it's my current 3s, hoping to break 2200 with it =P

As for the shadow comp, it's very strong, very very very strong. I have less trouble with priests because I have swords and believe me, you notice the difference of swords versus maces against a priests bubble. Aside from beating on the pet for rage, then getting on the priest, I can't really tell ya what else you could've done. =T

Well, okay here's an edit:
When he resummons a pet, it's almost always going to be a voidwalker to mitigate damage better, what you have to do is work on the warlock till the pet gets low, say 50% or so, and be cautious of using whirlwind since a priest's prayer of mending will bounce all over the place. when the pet gets that low, call it out or have your druid call it out and burst on it, have the druid try to help too with a swarm or something, that'll help you keep pressure on the warlock while wearing down the pet. Another trick that my druid does sometimes is that if you work on the warlock for a while and he's fully sundered and you've got some rage. cyclone lock the pet. While the pet is cycloned soul link breaks, if your druid does it right, that means 9 seconds of no soul link on the lock that he can't do anything about. If you can lay down the burst in those few seconds and kill him, you win.

Thanks =P

Only problem is that the lock always resummoned a fel-hunter. He never pulled a void in that game.

Kazeyonoma
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
fel hunters are way easier to kill than voidwalkers. weird warlock.

Bloodwraith
07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
fel hunters are way easier to kill than fel-hunters. weird warlock.

I assume you mean void walker =P

But yeah they are harder but that priest wouldn't let pet get low, and kept shielding it =\, and I ate continuous fears/MC's so any pet is hard to kill. The few times I killed it were minutes long of trying to keep it outa LOS of priest and get it down.

Kazeyonoma
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
what j00 talking about *whistle whistle*

uhh, hrm, seems like a very good priest. I really dunno what else you could've done besides trying to blow on the priest hard.

Bloodwraith
07-25-2008, 07:43 AM
I faced that comp yesterday again in BEM, this was rediculous, I went on pet again, warlock went around chasing my druid while priest stayed near me with pet. With my dots ticking, I think the priest may have cast a mind blast ir seomthing and I went down kinda low. My druid came back as fast as he could, but the second he got there, the priest Had MC'd me so he couldn't heal and dots finished me off =\

I had the most fun I've had in a while in a 2's game yesterday. We faced ret pally/rogue. They hopped on my druid, I kept them hamstrung and disarmed the ret pally. I got the pally low, he bubbled/healed himself a bit, then hopped on my druid again. I tried to keep them off but they worked my druid down and he was stuck in caster with a stun and got raped right as the pally had to bubble the rogue. So it was me (~50%) vs. them both. When rogue's bubble faded he stealthed, I demo shouted him out and killed him. Then it was me vs. ret pally. I was low so I used my battlemaster's, pally used repentance, I zerker raged it and executed him when I was at around 2% health and got the win. Of course in vent I was just like "OMG AHAHAHHA" and my druid was like lolwut (He hadn't even watched because he thought that when he died it was GG) Then he looked up and saw our team had won, and we both just laughed pretty hard.

3's didn't go so well, for about 10 games in a row it was RPM or double healer/warrior teams that we have trouble with. Both my rogue and druid are pretty undergeared already and just facing those comps is tough for us to beat. :confused:

Kazeyonoma
07-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Ouch, yeh that shadow comp is pretty ridiculous especially since an MC means gg most of the time. Dunno what else to say, BEM makes it basically 99% their win.

For the 2s match, great to see man, I beat a Rogue/Mage team in similar fashion except the mage ice blocked when i almost killed him and i demo shouted the rogue out to kill him (i sword proc'd/executed which ate up both his cheatdeath and killing blow lol) then i finished off the mage with a throwing weapon at 2% health =x Crit! for 400. Death. WOO!

For 3s its really tough, RPM versus WRD is a tossup, the RPM has the advantage though because they can just sheep the rogue and kill the warrior while fearing the druid, or sheep the warrior, fear the rogue and kill the druid, or... whatever they can basically gib anyone at anytime once a cc is locked down. gay. But if you blow up on the priest (that's our strategy most times) you can take him out fast while your druid locks the mage from cc's for a while. If you can get that off we can normally kill the priest and if druid survives that we win. Lots of strats say work the mage first but imo fear is more dangerous than a poly. If you're poly'd your stuck but they can't hit you either and you heal for free, the fear though can take a person from 80-25% in a full fear and the only person on your team who really negates the fear is the warrior. Against double healer/warr teams the best strat I've come up with is split dps. Have the rogue work on whoever you think is better for him to work on (most of the time if there's a druid let the rogue have him) and have the warrior work on the other, try to force them into making mistakes, apply sunder armor/improved expose armor, whatever, and just work em down, if you split dps this way, the warrior should never kill your druid without his healers help, and your druid should be able to just keep up his mana while you guys work through theirs, once both go oom, pick 1, burn him, take the other burn him, then laugh at the warrior who's spent the whole arena chasing the druid. If warrior gets off druid and tries to kill you or rogue, just druid is left to cc the crap out of him, so no big deal, cc chain the warrior, then cc chain a healer while you guys work on the warrior to burn through healers mana, then cc chain the other healer, and continue back on the first healer. it's in your favor really if you split dps to begin with.

Ezanul
07-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, pally rogue can sometimes be fun like that, I won a 2 on 1 at the end of a 5v4 arena match with like 60% health vs a full health holy pally and rogue by popping sweeping strikes and death wish and burning down the pally. They both dropped like a rock at the same time. The best part though was my teammates were like "might as well just leave" and I'm like "no no, I got it just watch"