PDA

View Full Version : Fury warrior switching to tanking

Britwill
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm specced 17/44 and in a guild that only does 10 man content. Due to limited time upto now and very casual raid times, I'm pretty much geared in S2. Now that I have a bit more time I want to go back and get some extra bits of gear from 5 mans/heroics.

I'm happy to switch my spec to a tanking spec to make things easier to get a group, but I have no tanking gear at all. I'm pretty sure I could tank 5 man in my current gear and use drops from there to make a tanking set to work my way into heroics, but I'd like some suggestions on what gear I will definitely need to switch out for heroics.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Britwill)

Thanks

p.s. I will still be speccing back to fury for raiding so for now changing gems etc is not financially viable and any badges I get will be going to dps gear. And yes after lots of reading today I know that I need to redo my gems so that they are not +hit.

Britwill
07-25-2008, 05:08 AM
Smart that I am I didn't notice that I kept forgetting to log out in the few bits of tanking gear I do have (which I forgot to do again).

Thanks to the resources on this site I've been able to do all the calculations and have 502 defense, 33% avoidance and EH of 28k.

From what I can tell if I gem a couple of pieces from the tanking set a little differently and make sure I have the well fed Stam buff I'll be looking pretty good.

Does that sound about right for tanking 5 mans and maybe trying early heroics?

Kamani
07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
PvP gear is fine to start tanking heroics in. Just go do some and replace whatever you can.