PDA

View Full Version : DPS Set

Bodasafa
07-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Ok so Im a prot tank, I never picked up any dps gear along the way because well im a tank 4 life.

It did occur to me however when doing the pulls to Morogrim in SSC the other night that the pallys were doing all the tanking, meanwhile I was sitting there being about as usless as jugs on a bull.

So I checked in my PVP tab, It appears I have 30k honor racked up some how sitting there doing nothing.

So my question is this what peice or pecies of gear would you pick up for a dps set with 30k honor?

Shortypop
07-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Depends what you've got (yes, I know you said you'd never picked up anything but do you mean absolutely nothing?) Also depends on what you've got access to out of the reputation rewards, crafted items (red belt of battle) etc. What weapons could you duel wield? What prot pieces could double as dps pieces (brooch of deftness or expertise trinket for example)?

Bodasafa
07-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I have only tank gear, if you click on my armory at the bottom thats my Max HP set. I have some various other peices I switch depending on what I need. But I truely have no quote "dps" plate.

Im not looking to go nuts and have a full set, but I am trying to figure out what 1-2 peices of PVP gear purchased with honor would help. I know I need to get the marks to match the honor, so I will have enough for probably 2 peices when im done mabye 3. Assuming ones not a wepon.

Im thinking that 2 peices of actual gear will benifit more with sockets and a couple enchants than just 1 wepon though.

I am exualted with all major factions aside from Hyjal and upward.

Shortypop
07-21-2008, 08:31 AM
I'll start off by saying I'm a huge fan of tanks having dps gear, this is due to all sorts of personal reasons, plus I like the occasional challenge of bettering my dps, so feel free to ignore me :) The main problem with only swopping some gear out is soo much of tank gear doesnt help fury dps at all (block value, stam etc) If you're happy to put some cash into it here's some thoughts off the top of my head:

helm -
shoulders - ragesteel (not sure how good the the rest of the set is)
chest -
wrist - adamantite plate bracers/pvp ones
gloves -
belt - red belt of battle
legs - leggings of the shattered hand (boe blue, cheap on my server)
neck - brooch of deftness/sso one maybe
rings - Exalted sha'tar one; lower city exalted one; there's also one for spirit shards; aldor revered
feet - ogri'la exalted
trinkets - expertise (mgt heroic), shatai skyguard rep one
ranged - gun from honour hold
weapons -

Hmm... so, apart from the blue pvp repuation-buyable stuff, that list (which may well be missing stuff) suggests helm (I know I wore overlords helmet of second sight), chest and gloves as well as weapons as possible options? depends if you've got spare BoJ lying about getting dusty as well :)

PS. Apologies for not really answering the question. :(

ebs2002
07-21-2008, 09:45 AM
The single best investment you could make would be getting a pair of S2 weapons for 27k honor. Unless you're planning on spending your badges for DPS gear (then I'd get the fist weapons), or unless you have picked up some DPS weapons (like Rage/Fury from ZA).

You don't want a 2h weapon for Prot DPS. As a human, I'd probably pick up the swords or maces (the slower the better), and if you get any more honor start filling in any holes in your DPS set. Then, switch to berserker stance, keep whirlwind on cooldown and spam devastate.