PDA

View Full Version : Questioning Warrior Bleeds.

Tabios
07-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Ok well I知 on vacation at this moment an I知 on my fathers laptop witch I find difficult to type on, But its dark an I知 reading forums trying to understand the new WoLK Beta Warrior Tree.
(This Whole Posts Relating to WoLK Warriors Not Present day)

Link Provided: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=)

I understand we have Rend and Deep Wounds, going into WoLK I know I知 specing into all the talents that increase the damage of my bleeds.

I知 going to go down the tree slowly an ask questions I hope someone can answer. I post here rather then the warrior forums because I知 hoping for intelligent answers.

Bloodletting 3/3 - Increases the damage done by your Rend and Bloodbath abilities by 75%.

Q) Is Rend Based on Attack Power? How dose it scale?
Q) I am unsure what bloodbath abilities are. Please help me clear that up..?(Think there all bleeds (Rend/Deep Wounds) still need clarification)

Deep Wounds 3/3 - You池e critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.

Q) 60% of the weapon's average damage meaning base damage? Or the damage ratio? I.E. 1000-1200 (The Damage shown in the Character option in world of warcraft)

-=EX) Two-Hand Mace
386 - 579 Damage Speed 3.80
(127.0 damage per second)
+42 Strength
+42 Agility
+61 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 70
Requires Master Hammersmith
Chance on hit: Stuns target for 4 sec.

Q) Dose this scale with buffs and gear, or is it based on Attack power?

Impale 2/2 - Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker Stance by 20%.

Q) Dose this scale with bleeds because it痴 a branch off of the Deep Wounds talent? From my understanding bleeds don稚 critical?
(Or would it just go with the regular % critical chance of while hits an normal abilities (MS))

Blood Frenzy 2/2 Your Rend and Deep Wound abilities also increase all physical damage caused to that target by 4%.

Q) Not sure but I think Rend an Deep Wounds are physical damage, not sure but dose it increase the Rend an Deep Wounds Damage?
(I know it increases all your other damage)
Q) What痴 the chance this will apply?

Trauma 2/2 Your normal melee critical strikes increase the effectiveness of bleeding effects on the target by 30% for 15 seconds.

Q) What痴 the chance this will apply?

- Those are pretty much my questions on bleeds I understand most of the new skills, if I come across a problem I値l make a new post. I知 trying to clear things up ahead of time so I can better understand WoLK an Warriors in general.

I know bleeds use to suck an be used to keep rogues out of stealth an such... any ideas of how much damage they will do at 80? Rend/Deep Wounds.. and Bloodbath witch i don't know what that is. If theres any math that was done or anyone has an idea or a video please feel free to educate me.

Background Information:

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Tabios)

Ukyo
07-19-2008, 11:31 PM
I’m going to go down the tree slowly an ask questions I hope someone can answer. I post here rather then the warrior forums because I’m hoping for intelligent answers.

Bloodletting 3/3 - Increases the damage done by your Rend and Bloodbath abilities by 75%.

Q) Is Rend Based on Attack Power? How dose it scale?

A) It's based on a fixed damage that's gonna be increased from what it is now

Q) I am unsure what bloodbath abilities are. Please help me clear that up..?(Think there all bleeds (Rend/Deep Wounds) still need clarification)

Bloodbath is a new skill learned at LVL 60 i think that's like a WW only you stack a bleed effect on the target (Bloodbath: Wound up to 5 enemy targets within 8 yards, causing 244 to 256 damage and causing them to Bleed for 250 damage over 15 seconds. If the target becomes Enraged, the Bloodbath bleed effect causes four times the normal damage.
(15 Rage, Instant, 5 yd Range))

Deep Wounds 3/3 - You’re critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.

Q) 60% of the weapon's average damage meaning base damage? Or the damage ratio? I.E. 1000-1200 (The Damage shown in the Character option in world of warcraft)

-=EX) Two-Hand Mace
386 - 579 Damage Speed 3.80
(127.0 damage per second)
+42 Strength
+42 Agility
+61 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 70
Requires Master Hammersmith
Chance on hit: Stuns target for 4 sec.

A) First guess is the average damage of your weapon (White Attacks, after mitigation)

Q) Dose this scale with buffs and gear, or is it based on Attack power?

It should scale with gear.

Impale 2/2 - Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker Stance by 20%.

Q) Dose this scale with bleeds because it’s a branch off of the Deep Wounds talent? From my understanding bleeds don’t critical?
(Or would it just go with the regular % critical chance of while hits an normal abilities (MS))

A) Bleeds can't crit, so it only applies to Special Attacks (HS, WW, MS and all that shit, though i've seen that rend can't be applied if someone else used it, or something weird like that)

Blood Frenzy 2/2 – Your Rend and Deep Wound abilities also increase all physical damage caused to that target by 4%.

Q) Not sure but I think Rend an Deep Wounds are physical damage, not sure but dose it increase the Rend an Deep Wounds Damage?
(I know it increases all your other damage)
Q) What’s the chance this will apply?

A1) I haven't tried but i think that when you stack Rend/DW for the proc It doesn't increase the damage of the applied debuff
A2) It's like a debuff, you use Rend or DW procs and it pops :P

Trauma 2/2 – Your normal melee critical strikes increase the effectiveness of bleeding effects on the target by 30% for 15 seconds.

Q) What’s the chance this will apply?

A) Same as Blood Frenzy would be my first guess.

For more info on the new skills and talents on our class: Warrior - WotlkWiki - Wrath of the Lich King Information (http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Warrior)

Tabios
07-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Thank you so much :D!