PDA

View Full Version : Gurtogg

Mambak
07-19-2008, 05:32 PM
We're working on gurtogg tonight, and i was wondering about the tank transitions. How many stacks of debuffs? or how long should each tank be tanking?

Also is there anything we could do to avoid being cleaved/being hit with the geyser during fel rage phase?

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
07-20-2008, 01:21 AM
We stop attacking him as soon as we we have 7 or 8 debuffs, so that the second tank can grab him before you have too much stacks.
During Fel Rage phase, I just stay where I have to tank him, the debuff gives me tons of rage, and you won't be hit. Just be ready as he finishes.

Clifford
07-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Make sure that you have transitioned by 12 debuffs as it becomes a real pain to heal.

Get people to spread out just before the fel rage helps a lot. Also make sure that the bloodboil groups don't stand too close to each other. Once they have taken their bloodboil rotations (1 or 2) make them move far away.

Dunmail
07-21-2008, 01:56 AM
It can be handy doing a RW saying XXX Tank has 8 Debuffs and needs rotating out now, as the RL may be rotating the BB groups in/out and it may get lost in TS.

I think we also need to do one, when coming back in as well, for a MD as I don't think our rotations are as slick as they could be, and we're getting some residual aggro issues on some attempts. Not tried it so dunno how much it'd help, I'd recommend the former though.

As above use fel rage for free rage (very handy when you rotate back in). I peel off 5S before it ends to get back into position and get a SB ready for when he charges back.

Satrina
07-21-2008, 04:44 AM
We use this for Acidic Wound announcements

/run local p,s,f,n,c=UnitName("player"),SendChatMessage for i=1,10 do n,_,_,c=UnitDebuff("player",i) if n=="Acidic Wound" then s(p.." "..c.." Acidic Wound", "RAID") f=1 break end end if not f then s(p.." 0 Acidic Wound", "RAID") end