PDA

View Full Version : Titan's Grip, Heroic Leap (with video!) and more

Arrivan
07-18-2008, 07:12 PM
YouTube - WotLK (beta) - Warrior Titan's Grip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZG86g60us)

I'm starting this thread mainly to discuss the new Fury talents in the WotLK beta in their current form and any changes that may be made to them in the future.

From what I saw in the video the 20% attack speed penalty on Titan's Grip didn't look like it hurt his rage generation (or attack speed for that matter) too much. The video doesn't show enough to make any in depth statements about rage generation dual wielding two handers though. As for Heroic Leap, a warrior dual wielding 2H weapons jumping at you will look very intimidating regardless of how well Fury actually performs in PVP. I am concerned that it won't be the most useful ability against raid bosses though unless raids in Wrath involve a lot more movement than we're used to.

Edit: Bloodsurge looks very promising in its current form too. I can't wait to play around with it myself (not in beta).

Brutally
07-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Man he was sure killing stuff fast...

Pasucon
07-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Too bad you can't take Titan's Grip and still get Imp Intercept, Imp Hamstring, Second Wind, Mortal Strike etc. Looks like Arms will still most likely be the PvP tree. That said, there may be some incoming hybrid specs with Imp Mortal Strike in Arms and up to Flurry in Fury. There will be some interesting trade-offs to make for PvP. Of the new final tier warrior talents, Shockwave has me most excited. Heroic Leap is a nice mobility boost, but I don't think it will be worth it for PvP, and I am not really sure how large an asset it will be in PvE either. I'm somehow underwhelmed with it as a 51 point talent. Bladestorm may have its place, but would it be worth losing Flurry? I think that's something that will be debated as people start to develop their WotLK builds. But Shockwave... I doubt that one single prot warrior is going to pass up Shockwave.

Since this is a Fury discussion, I'll just sum this tldr; up by saying that Heroic Leap is really underwhelming. Arrivan is probably right in guessing that WotLK is going to require more movement. We already have Intercept, are we going to need fast movement more often than Intercept's CD?

Arrivan
07-19-2008, 04:59 PM
This thread is mainly about Fury, but deep Arms still looks very unimpressive, just like it does now. I have a feeling that nobody is going to spec Bladestorm until 35+ Arms is majorly improved. I mean, Endless Rage was broken for about a year before anybody noticed simply because almost nobody took it, and from the way the beta Arms tree looks at the moment they're continuing the tradition.

Korlong
07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I'd like to see a longer video with someone actually geared and specced right.

Arrivan
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm fairly certain that the main purpose of that video was just to show how they look, although I too want to see a longer video so we can tell how spiky rage generation actually is when DWing two handers (just so you know, that video is not by me).

Kazeyonoma
07-21-2008, 09:11 AM
man heroic leap looks awesome, I'd get it just to feel like i'm a barbarian from d2 again. hahaha.

I see it being very useful, what's the cooldown time on it? If it's anywhere near intercept, who needs imp intercept, intercept once, then leap next time. profit!

I definitely see fury becoming more pvp viable, with or without titan grip. Titan grip is just icing on the cake. He was hitting like a dump truck though O_o.