PDA

View Full Version : Bloodboil Stats

Zartanchi
07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Hello,

I'll be starting this fight next week and was looking for some input on what my dodge/parry/block should be for this particular fight. While agro is a concern, I've read I should be in mostly my avoidance pieces. What % should I be shooting for?

Clifford
07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Gaining agro isn't an issue, rather loosing it is. Go full avoidance and let the dps nuke during FelRage if the have the Insignificance debuff.

Satrina
07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
As much avoidance as you can get. I think my current set is around 73% dodge/parry/miss before mongoose procs. As Clifford said, your problem will be dumping aggro to another tank rather than trying to keep aggro. Acidic wound and intervenes will keep your rage up just fine; misdirects and strategic blessings of protection will help you shift aggro.

Zartanchi
07-18-2008, 09:35 AM
My current stats are 25.19 dodge, 17.36 parry, 31.18 block, 28 expertise and 117 hit. I just wanted to confirm those were ok for this fight.

Satrina
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Can you do the fight with those stats? Sure. You could do a lot better to make it easier for your healers and the other tanks, though.

You are light on avoidance: even if you are getting 7% miss from defense, you're coming in under 60% combined miss/dodge/parry. Block is not an avoidance stat and so is irrelevant. Forget about threat stats, they are the last thing you should be worrying about.

Zartanchi
07-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Ya, i can re-gem some equipment not in my main set to try to come closer to that 60% as you recommended. Thank you for the input.

Celandro
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Same question different stats
My dodge set
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Celandro)
8.12% miss
38.11% dodge
19.35% parry
23.32% block
19228AC
15334 hp
w/ commendation + S3 shield.

I have the hydross trinket + gruuls shield for more avoidance as well but it drops my hp and ac by a bit. Would the extra avoidance and on use trinket be better than the extra hp/ac and the auto triggered trinket?

hbombs
08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Took away some good advice on this thread thx all. I will gear myself differently next time. 36% first night on him. look forward to getting this bastard.

Zacch
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
i usually go with everything in avoidance, my stats for this fight are@:
39% dodge(without goa and mongoose procs)
20%parry
17847 armor
and @20k health buffed.

no doubt that avoidance is more important on this fight becouse you will be able to tank the entire tank spank phase stacking 3->5 debuffs, wich makes it alot easier to heal along the fel rage phase AND it goes off earlier than 12 debuffs(what i used to stack on regular gear).
when he goes arround 20% we use to ignore everything(threat/stacks) and let dps nuke him down as fast as they can.

gl on this guy! in my opinion the 2nd toughest fight on bt.

Zartanchi
08-11-2008, 07:40 AM
We got this guy last night. I improved my stats from my original post but they still are lower than the posters above, 32% dodge, 18.4% Parry and 7%miss; I did fine. Sometimes I would get away with under 5 debuffs before a fel rage, while others I got stacked a lot. My stats didn't seem to be an issue.

The issues we had to learn were people making sure they healed the fel rage target and getting the raid to chill on dps before the first fel rage so we had enough threat between the tanks to sustain the fight.

On to ROS.

Kerg
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I was just about to post something on this, but found this thread. Avoidance set! I have maintained and carried around an avoidance set for a long time, but I think this will be the first time it will be useful as MT.

We have downed him a couple of times, but we're having trouble getting him on farm. Thus far it has taken us 10+ attempts to get him. Healing is our biggest problem, but the tanks have also had trouble getting too many DoT's stacked and dying.

I have been taking the wrong approach to this fight. I was thinking, like Void Reaver.... Threat set. Highest threat the 3 tanks can do, the better. But then I have had trouble shaking threat once I get to 8-10 debuffs, so I went to my EH set. Still same problem though.

Avoidance gear seems to be the answer. Less DoT's = good. I think my avoidance set brings me to about 70%. I only have about 58% buffed in my regular boss tanking EH set.

loquatious
08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
We got him on our 4th pull last night - 2 druids and a pally. I switched to my Resto shaman so I missed out on watching his feet and the big red circle :(

Hamburglar
08-25-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm curious as to what people recommend for making an avoidance set for Gurtogg. I can gem out a set with dodge/defense gems and enchants and prolly get a little under 70% avoidance but I will lose likely 2000-2500hp off my regular set. I normally have 17250 or so in my boss tanking gear. Would it be best to do something along these lines? I don't really have a "threat set" or "avoidance set" yet because my tank was an alt now made main.

Minya
08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
32% dodge is fine.
39% dodge is real "top of the pops".
as already mentioned: when maintanking it: go for max avoidance.
when you're the 2. or third tank the one or another aggro-item makes it a lot easier to gain aggro.
as zacch said BB is one of the most fun and toughest encounters in BT. gl with your spriests and warlocks there ;)

@Hamburgler: if it comes to minmaxing, you HAVE to organize different gear-sets for different bosses.
in fact, I can't believe you're really losing 2500HP. with 5/5 T6, gemming it from EH/stam to avoid, you only lose about 1000-1500HP..
you don't really have to re-gem your hole gear. just wait until some more items drop, and increase tendencies.
(an item with a hole bunch of avoid -> enchant/gem it with even more avoid. an item with a lot armor/stamina -> enchant/gem it with even more stamina/AC) when time goes by, you got your different gear-sets ;)

Hamburglar
09-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't have any of the good avoidance pieces from TK/SSC because I came into tanking after we had left those raids behind for BT/Hyjal. So I am worried if I try to make an avoidance set is will be half-assed at best. :( So instead of having a good piece for avoidance I might have some kara junk re-gemmed for avoidance or worse.

tehgreen
09-02-2008, 01:56 AM
just change a few of the little things :P

Eternium Shell Bracers
Ring of the Stalwart Protector
Shadowmoon Insignia
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch

u don't necessarily need a "full" avoidance set, stacking a few items to bump your dodge however can't hurt.

edit: forgot Rifle of the Stoic Guardian

Celandro
09-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Shadowmoon Insignia

I don't think suggesting Shadowmoon Insignia for learning bloodboil is a good idea ;)

I'd suggest wearing 2 of the following (in order of preference)
Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise
Scarab of Displacement
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch
Commendation of Kael'thas

I prefer having >75% avoidance with 2 activatable trinkets. This way the bloodboil is very unlikely to go over 5 stacks.

Here is the WWS from our 2nd bloodboil kill:
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/e4vum6gmvw3k5?s=136970-170245&a=x1807d1)
With scorpid sting up, avoidance was around 80%

tehgreen
09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
my bad :(

anyway u get my point, stacking a few items with lots of + dodge isn't overtly difficult.