PDA

View Full Version : More armor/hit/stam but giving up SBV

Outxider
07-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi all. I like many of the people that visit this awesome site, am a long time reader first time poster. Reason for my first post is due to me debating whether I should get the Bonefist Gauntlets to replace Maidens gloves. Even though the Bonefists are a big improvement in armor, +hit and more I will lose the sbv from Maidens. At 21% I feel that I am low in that dept. As far as badge gear upgrades are concerned that is the only item left on my list.

Second item on the list is my shield. I currently have the SSO shield, I haven't had luck with the shield from Gruul and this is where SBV comes into play again. I'd be losing it from the SSO shield but gaining more armor and block from Gruuls. Due to the unlucky drop rate in Gruuls I've been considering getting the merciless shield wall which has more armor and block than Gruuls but I lose the other stats.

So, say if I was to get the Bonefists, Gruuls and/or Merciless Shield wall. Would the overall improvement in armor/block/stam make up the difference in SBV that i'll lose? Perhaps I'm thinking that SBV is a way of staying alive although I've read it is more of an aggro stat. Is that correct? How much SBV should I have heading into SSC? I've MT'd everything that i've been in so far and healers don't have an issue with keeping me alive.

A little bit about my current guild progress. ZA has been put on hold due to the fact that over the last month we have been recruiting dedicated people, gearing them and now we are starting to move ahead. We are clearing Gruuls/Mags and soon will move into SSC but I anticipate it will take some time to clear that place and I'll be competing for any upgrade that may drop. ZA may be put into the rotation again so gear with SBV like the boots from Nalorakk will help. I guess my main concern for these changes are the loss in SBV, a little bit of dodge and my surviveability. I want to be able to allow my healers some breathing room without a panic just like now. I'm a fairly active tank and I have no problems with aggro wether it's in a heroic or the raids I've tanked.

Thanks in advance and i apologize for not knowing how to link items. :o

Armory Link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Outxider)

Satrina
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't worry about losing SBV. Also, don't stress about hit in SSC/TK either (that is, do not gem for it) If you have bonefist gloves and manage to grab Gruul's shield you will be pretty well along for that content.

rascalion
07-18-2008, 07:18 AM
TankingTips.com - A guide to tanking as a Warrior in World of Warcraft (http://www.tankingtips.com)

If you look through the gear section, he actually has an article about this very question. He crunches some math and shows that Bonefist > Maiden's for threat. I'm actually looking forward to picking up Bonefist Sunday night :)

Edit: I'd have posted the link right to the article, but the site is blocked at work.

clavarnway
07-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Don't worry about losing SBV, the badge gloves are usually higher threat anyway assuming you can use the hit rating.

They are also higher armor and HP, so it's a no brainer.

Also don't ever worry about Shield Block Rating - 21% is fine, it's almost useless in raids.